United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone was saying on here that the reason why RVP was purchased because baconchops can't stand him and wants rid. Overhyped, overweight and burnt out hopefully.

Rammyblues said:
Someone was saying on here that the reason why RVP was purchased because baconchops can't stand him and wants rid. Overhyped, overweight and burnt out hopefully.
I'm not convinced they ever kissed and made up after December 2010

I can only see two sides being interested PSG and City.

Really hope Colleen bleeds him dry in all those fancy Boutiques.

Chelsea would take him in a heartbeat i would have thought.

Like a few have said, he won the battle with bacon chops but he wont win the war.

It's funny, I've seen various highlights of him playing since January this year and there are many times you see him hands on hips, muttering to himself with a real look of dissatisfaction on his face.

Wouldn't surprise me if he is shipped out. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

ifiwasarichfan said:
I can only see two sides being interested PSG and City.

Really hope Colleen bleeds him dry in all those fancy Boutiques.

Didn't want him when he had his hissy fit and screwed the rags for more money and now he's older, fatter and even uglier I don't want him now.
Taking him at his peak against their wishes is one thing, taking a fat overrated and overpaid player that they are desperate to sell is another.

I wouldn't write Rooney off too soon. He's still only 26, has scored 85 goals in his last 3 seasons for Utd (despite a relatively poor return in 10/11) and remember, despite some ott comments on here, he actually started Utd's first game of the season, in preference to RVP.

Being benched for the next game may just be a direct response to his poor performance in that match, may be a shot across Rooney's bows to remind him he's not indispensable or may even just be part of Fergie's plans to rotate his strikers.

I also agree with a comment of SJK's from a few pages back that an enforced break may not be such a bad thing for Utd or Rooney. It allows time to integrate Van Persie into the team whilst removing a potential selection dilemma for Fergie. Will also give Rooney a rest, that I think at times last season he looked like he desperately needed, and then time to properly work on getting back to match fitness.

blueinsa said:
laserblue said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Rag mate of min (I know I know) reckons he will be sold after this season and the signing of RVP is for this reason. Who knows

Who'd want to buy him? Certainly not for big money. He wheezed and sweated his way through the Euros and after a full pre-season wheezed and sweated his way through the Everton game. I think Baconface has sussed him out which is why he busted a gut to get van Persie.

I think they will cash in, possibly as early as Jan if RVP is firing on all cylinders.

If reports are true about the injury he won'rt be match fit by January.

denislawsbackheel said:
blueinsa said:
laserblue said:
Who'd want to buy him? Certainly not for big money. He wheezed and sweated his way through the Euros and after a full pre-season wheezed and sweated his way through the Everton game. I think Baconface has sussed him out which is why he busted a gut to get van Persie.

I think they will cash in, possibly as early as Jan if RVP is firing on all cylinders.

If reports are true about the injury he won'rt be match fit by January.

He hasn't been fit for quite a while.

Bacon chops will ditch his arse should a reasonable offer arrive imo.

JM Mcr said:
I wouldn't write Rooney off too soon. He's still only 26, has scored 85 goals in his last 3 seasons for Utd (despite a relatively poor return in 10/11) and remember, despite some ott comments on here, he actually started Utd's first game of the season, in preference to RVP.

Being benched for the next game may just be a direct response to his poor performance in that match, may be a shot across Rooney's bows to remind him he's not indispensable or may even just be part of Fergie's plans to rotate his strikers.

I also agree with a comment of SJK's from a few pages back that an enforced break may not be such a bad thing for Utd or Rooney. It allows time to integrate Van Persie into the team whilst removing a potential selection dilemma for Fergie. Will also give Rooney a rest, that I think at times last season he looked like he desperately needed, and then time to properly work on getting back to match fitness.

Fuck me pal, wasn't the close season time for a rest and then to start getting his fitness levels up?

Imo he'll be off maybe in Jan and without the injury it may have been this week, Real his destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.