United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Manc said:
sjk2008 said:
Red Manc said:
We outplayed and outmanoeuvred you. We set up like we used to in the big games during the Ronaldo years. Sit back, soak it up and hit on the break and create quality chances. Other than the Silva one that De Gea somehow deflected on to the bar, I don't remember City really scaring us. Over the moon with that display of discipline and professionalism. 2 big decisions went against us (Young incorrect offside, Evra denied what looked a clear penalty), and Tevez should have walked in the last minute. Looking forward to the rest of the season now with quality such as Kagawa, Nani and Vidic (and Anderson if he returns in the form he was in) to come back and strengthen us even more.

City had more of the ball, more territory and a number of (fairly) decent chances. You, on the otherhand, had 3 chances and nailed them all. I put that down to being extremely clinical, not lucky (as some have said on here) and not "outplaying" them, as you claim above.

Out playing does not mean having more territory or having more of the ball. By that token Arsenal have outplayed us nearly every time we have played them in the last 7 or 8 years, look how that's ended up for them. Van Persie missed a very presentable headed chance, Evra also had a free header from 8 yards off a Rooney corner. Ashley Young was almost through until Hart showed good awareness to just get there before him. We generally had the best moments in the game in my opinion. Plus, as I've said before, were it not for the officials, it would have been 0-3 and City wouldn't have had the chance to rally like they did.
Were it not for the officials united would have had 3 bookings inside the first 15 minutes!

quiet_riot said:
Red Manc said:
robbed by the officials was also going through my mind.

Are you fucking serious?!

How could I not be? The officials were incompetent all game but the 2 big decisions they had to make they got wrong. Denied a clear goal and a pretty clear penalty. The game turned on the disallowed goal.<br /><br />-- Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:20 pm --<br /><br />
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Were it not for the officials united would have had 3 bookings inside the first 15 minutes!

You'll have to enlighten me as the only 2 i can remember who should've been booked were Rooney and Balotelli

smudgedj said:
Feeling brave because you're 6 points in front? (22 games to go; You realise that don't you?)

Aside from being a United fan, he's hardly being 'brave' or being 'cuntish' is he?

If he came on here spouting the same level of bollocks that Camelcoat did then fair enough, he was a ****.

You were 2-0 up and we had lost our Captain. It was one of those games when for City everything that could go wrong did.

Yet Man Utd lost control of a game they should have had by the scruff of the neck

Proof City still have the better team despite the addition of RVP

Marvin said:
You were 2-0 up and we had lost our Captain. It was one of those games when for City everything that could go wrong did.

Yet Man Utd lost control of a game they should have had by the scruff of the neck

In fairness, had the lino not fucked up, it'd have been 3-0 and effectively game over. As we all know though, through watching football for years, all it takes is one decision to change the course of a game. As soon as that goal was disallowed, you ran up the other end and scored which ultimately got you back in the game.

It's only normal to see a team who have just scored, and on the comeback trail, to be in the ascendency.

sjk2008 said:
smudgedj said:
Feeling brave because you're 6 points in front? (22 games to go; You realise that don't you?)

Aside from being a United fan, he's hardly being 'brave' or being '****' is he?

If he came on here spouting the same level of bollocks that Camelcoat did then fair enough, he was a ****.

Not a fucking peep out of him until they won

smudgedj said:

if you checked my posts over the previous page or 2 you would know I'm fully aware of that fact<br /><br />-- Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:43 pm --<br /><br />
Marvin said:

We've been without our captain for the best part of year, give and take a few games at the start of this season. Shit happens. The game swung around the hour mark with the disallowed goal and the goal Yaya Toure scored immediately after. It's only natural for a good side at home to have their tails up after scoring. We hardly 'lost control' of the game, granted we were on the back foot after that, but it wasn't as if we were penned in, indeed we should have had a penalty not long after.

You may have a slightly better team (though that is open to debate) but I firmly believe we have a bigger, better and more varied squad.

sjk2008 said:
Marvin said:

In fairness, had the lino not fucked up, it'd have been 3-0 and effectively game over. As we all know though, through watching football for years, all it takes is one decision to change the course of a game. As soon as that goal was disallowed, you ran up the other end and scored which ultimately got you back in the game.

It's only normal to see a team who have just scored, and on the comeback trail, to be in the ascendency.
They scored with their first attack, moments after Aguero mis-controlled a ball that would have put him clean through. It was just one of those days and City responded magnificently to going 2 goals down against them and incurring the loss of our Captain

They couldn't keep the ball. They won the points, but psychologically we know we are better, and they missed an opportunity to punish us. At this stage of the season that is as important as the points

Last season, Mancini said a significant moment in the season was the 3-2 home FA Cup defeat, because we nearly came back from 3-0 with 10 men and that gave us huge belief that we were the better team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.