United thread 2013/14 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AntiUnited said:
So... They still have to play us, Liverpool, Everton,, and Arsenal (guarantee losses).

Banana skins: West Ham, Hull, New Castle, Crystal Palace, and Sunderland.

I would love to place Southampton in the mix but its the last game of the season and i just dont think Southampton will have the engine (Squad Depth)

Not "guaranteed" but they'll be underdogs in each. What's good about that is that while they might upset in one or two of those games, probably they'll lose at least two. In the past you'd put that as high confidence of 8-12/12. Now you're looking at 6/12 as the ceiling--but that's still 6 dropped points--Arsenal seem to have a mental problem with Man U (like Spurs have with you or we have with Arsenal). Anyway at some point they'll run out of games, I hope Everton and Spurs can sort of stay around (but still stay behind 4th) so that Man U won't rest players.

The banana skins I think they'll be up for it against Sunderland so no. Newcastle are tough to predict......Palace and Hull depends when they play. As you get late into the season, the sure wins are those that are comfortably mid-table, while the relegation strugglers become tough ones for various reasons.

Question: Will there be a point when United try to do a Di Matteo, forget about the league and go all in for the Champions League? If they get favorable draws it's possible.

superseiyan said:
AntiUnited said:
So... They still have to play us, Liverpool, Everton,, and Arsenal (guarantee losses).

Banana skins: West Ham, Hull, New Castle, Crystal Palace, and Sunderland.

I would love to place Southampton in the mix but its the last game of the season and i just dont think Southampton will have the engine (Squad Depth)

Not "guaranteed" but they'll be underdogs in each. What's good about that is that while they might upset in one or two of those games, probably they'll lose at least two. In the past you'd put that as high confidence of 8-12/12. Now you're looking at 6/12 as the ceiling--but that's still 6 dropped points--Arsenal seem to have a mental problem with Man U (like Spurs have with you or we have with Arsenal). Anyway at some point they'll run out of games, I hope Everton and Spurs can sort of stay around (but still stay behind 4th) so that Man U won't rest players.

The banana skins I think they'll be up for it against Sunderland so no. Newcastle are tough to predict......Palace and Hull depends when they play. As you get late into the season, the sure wins are those that are comfortably mid-table, while the relegation strugglers become tough ones for various reasons.

Question: Will there be a point when United try to do a Di Matteo, forget about the league and go all in for the Champions League? If they get favorable draws it's possible.

Cheers mate you just made my weekend with that comment. Difference is Di Matteo had players that were a football team
and had a pattern of play rags are/have neither. They will struggle against Olympiakos. IMO.

Do you really think they are able to do this ? I think all they will do, is write this season off and kid themselves that they'll
be better next season, with their 500 million pound signings ;-)

pominoz said:
Has this been posted recently?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8-zjn-cVMI[/youtube]
Genius. I'm listening to High Violet (England) on the headphones but laughing at that clip (especially from 1.30 on). Missus thinks I'm crackers!

Oh, and Stan Laurel in that clip epitomises my feelings every time those fuckers lose. Thanks for posting the clip.

Courtesy of twitter:

Sending Mata to Moyes is like giving a smartphone to your grandparents...

cyclops said:
Courtesy of twitter:

Or a monkey a gun<br /><br />-- Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:17 pm --<br /><br />
cyclops said:
Courtesy of twitter:

Or a monkey a gun

bazbarrybazzer said:
1ied.png
Brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.