United Thread 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
citykev28 said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Damocles said:
Don't see the correlation mate.

Got propositioned by two arrogant footballers who think they can purchase whatever they want, knocked them back then made herself a couple of quid towards the gas bill informing the rest of the world that these people are scumbags.

Well done her. Played a blinder in my book, I'd be proud if my daughter did that.

Agree with you but........ they were invited back to their hotel room..... and made it clear they were not interested in sex.... so what else did they think they were being invited back for? Watching a film on the TV?

Drinks, music, drugs?

Me and the missus were asked back to another couples house last week after we'd been out. So were two other couples. When my mate said "Do you want to come back to ours?" I wasn't thinking that he wanted to shag me. I thought "He must have a load of beers in."

Your post comes across as though they are slags for wanting to party with a pair of footballers who they'd been drinking with.

I also completely agree with blueinsa. Why the fuck shouldn't she make some money out of a footballer treating her like a prostitute, embarrassing him in the press whilst keeping her morals? Some of you knuckle draggers on here have me extremely worried sometimes.

Me and the missus were asked back to another couples house last week after we'd been out. So were two other couples

oh yeah ? did you put the car keys in the fruit bowl wink wink :}

sir peace frog said:
citykev28 said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Agree with you but........ they were invited back to their hotel room..... and made it clear they were not interested in sex.... so what else did they think they were being invited back for? Watching a film on the TV?

Drinks, music, drugs?

Me and the missus were asked back to another couples house last week after we'd been out. So were two other couples. When my mate said "Do you want to come back to ours?" I wasn't thinking that he wanted to shag me. I thought "He must have a load of beers in."

Your post comes across as though they are slags for wanting to party with a pair of footballers who they'd been drinking with.

I also completely agree with blueinsa. Why the fuck shouldn't she make some money out of a footballer treating her like a prostitute, embarrassing him in the press whilst keeping her morals? Some of you knuckle draggers on here have me extremely worried sometimes.

Me and the missus were asked back to another couples house last week after we'd been out. So were two other couples

Fruit bowl !!! Were you at Abigails party ?

sir peace frog said:
citykev28 said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

Drinks, music, drugs?

Not likely, my missus was by far the nicest woman out. Anyway, we didn't go. We're getting old and were in by half eleven.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:

A drink, I've been on my own with a female and never shagged her, granted I tied her up and screamed "NOW WILL YOU LOVE ME" but that's a mute point.

Kun Aguero said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

A drink, I've been on my own with a female and never shagged her, granted I tied her up and screamed "NOW WILL YOU LOVE ME" but that's a mute point.
I blame TCIB for this grammatical abomination

Seeing Murray yesterday made me think of the Falcao situation. Obviously different levels, but similar situations. In great form scoring lots of goals and then did their ACL's. It's taken him a year and has had to go on loan to clubs at a lower level much like Murray did. Maybe like Murray he can return back to his normal level at his old club after the summer.

Looks like I was right when I wrote that RVP's injury was blessing in disguise for them. He was shit for most of the season and they play much better since he got injured.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-03-27/manchester-utd-slump-has-cost-premier-league-viewers-ceo-says" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/ ... s-ceo-says</a>
An old article I know but with some of the reffing they've had this season it does make me wonder.
March 28 (Bloomberg) -- Manchester United’s troubles are weighing on the rest of the English Premier League, according to the competition Chief Executive Officer Richard Scudamore.
“It’s a double-edged sword,” Scudamore said yesterday in an interview in Johannesburg. “When your most popular club isn’t doing as well, that costs you interest and audience in some places.”
United, one of the world’s best-known sports brands, is 12 points out of a top-four Premier League place that would bring qualification for next season’s Champions League competition for the most successful European teams.
The record 20-time English champion’s performance has dipped this season under new manager David Moyes, the replacement for Alex Ferguson, who retired following a 26-year tenure. The team faces Bayern Munich in the quarterfinals of the Champions League.
“There’s lots of fans around the world who wish Man. United were winning it again,” Scudamore said, without detailing the effect on broadcast audiences. “But you have to balance that off against, generally, we’re in the business of putting on a competition and competition means people can compete.”
The team, known as the Red Devils, stands seventh in the league after 10 defeats from 31 matches and has been knocked out of the F.A. Cup and League Cup. It has 51 points, while Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea leads the league with 69, one ahead of Liverpool.
Mourinho criticized the scheduling of Premier League matches earlier this month, saying that players need more time to recover from European games before returning to league action.
“We have a 72-hour rule,” Scudamore said. “Wednesday and Saturday is a perfectly acceptable rotation, it’s been acceptable since the day the league started and I cannot see any practical way of doing it any other way. It’s just not going to happen. Managers have got a job to do.”

mat said:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-03-27/manchester-utd-slump-has-cost-premier-league-viewers-ceo-says
An old article I know but with some of the reffing they've had this season it does make me wonder.
March 28 (Bloomberg) -- Manchester United’s troubles are weighing on the rest of the English Premier League, according to the competition Chief Executive Officer Richard Scudamore.
“It’s a double-edged sword,” Scudamore said yesterday in an interview in Johannesburg. “When your most popular club isn’t doing as well, that costs you interest and audience in some places.”
United, one of the world’s best-known sports brands, is 12 points out of a top-four Premier League place that would bring qualification for next season’s Champions League competition for the most successful European teams.
The record 20-time English champion’s performance has dipped this season under new manager David Moyes, the replacement for Alex Ferguson, who retired following a 26-year tenure. The team faces Bayern Munich in the quarterfinals of the Champions League.
“There’s lots of fans around the world who wish Man. United were winning it again,” Scudamore said, without detailing the effect on broadcast audiences. “But you have to balance that off against, generally, we’re in the business of putting on a competition and competition means people can compete.”
The team, known as the Red Devils, stands seventh in the league after 10 defeats from 31 matches and has been knocked out of the F.A. Cup and League Cup. It has 51 points, while Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea leads the league with 69, one ahead of Liverpool.
Mourinho criticized the scheduling of Premier League matches earlier this month, saying that players need more time to recover from European games before returning to league action.
“We have a 72-hour rule,” Scudamore said. “Wednesday and Saturday is a perfectly acceptable rotation, it’s been acceptable since the day the league started and I cannot see any practical way of doing it any other way. It’s just not going to happen. Managers have got a job to do.”

Judging by the sentence I've highlighted, this piece is about 12 months old.

Vienna_70 said:
mat said:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-03-27/manchester-utd-slump-has-cost-premier-league-viewers-ceo-says

Judging by the sentence I've highlighted, this piece is about 12 months old.

Yep, I was going to post about Ice bergs ahead captain, but changed my mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.