United Thread 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, lot of games to play, agree. But they got themselves in good situation at the moment, and tbh, are not playing that bad recently.

the blue panther said:
The Gods truly have smiled on them for the last month (if not all season). Their luck can not last..

Oh yes it can. I've been saying this since 1967 and it hasn't run out since. In 1974 I thought, "good, taht's them gone" but the side was rebuilt over the close season and they have never looked back.

Really didn't expect them to win at Anfield, especially with the form of the two teams.

Mata and Herrera are both technically excellent. Two players I don't think would look out of place in our team.

Van Gaal has stumbled across a good team, they've been much better since RVP and Falcao have been out of the team. Both players have been awful this season. Fellaini behind Rooney with Mata and Herrera both in the side has worked.

Their defence still isn't great though. Blind's better at left back than CDM, Jones has looked good when I've seen him this season and obviously De Gea's been good all season. Smalling is still dodgy and Valencia lacks the defensive positioning & reading off the game and relies so heavily on his physical ability.

5 points with 9 games to play is nowhere near over. Don't Man United still have to play us, Chelsea and Arsenal?

CityFan94 said:
Really didn't expect them to win at Anfield, especially with the form of the two teams.

Mata and Herrera are both technically excellent. Two players I don't think would look out of place in our team.

Van Gaal has stumbled across a good team, they've been much better since RVP and Falcao have been out of the team. Both players have been awful this season. Fellaini behind Rooney with Mata and Herrera both in the side has worked.

Their defence still isn't great though. Blind's better at left back than CDM, Jones has looked good when I've seen him this season and obviously De Gea's been good all season. Smalling is still dodgy and Valencia lacks the defensive positioning & reading off the game and relies so heavily on his physical ability.

5 points with 9 games to play is nowhere near over. Don't Man United still have to play us, Chelsea and Arsenal?

They certainly do. Fortunately for them, the only team who could "realistically" break into the current top 4 - Liverpool - also have to go to Arsenal & Chelsea. Even Stoke at the Britannia on the last day is a banana skin.

I think the current top 4 is how it'll finish. LvG seems to have found his formation now, albeit perhaps a tad fortunately given RvP's injury, and I can't see them dropping enough points for Liverpool to catch them.

The only question for me is how 2nd, 3rd & 4th is decided. If United's recent form keeps up, it could be them. Same for Arsenal. If you can finish strongly then it'll definitely be yours.

I know Top 4 is crucial to those involved, but if (when) it's clear that Liverpool wont make it, there'll be another battle on between yourselves, Arsenal & United, because you'll all want to avoid finishing 4th and still having to "qualify" for the CL. There's some proper nightmare draws in the CL Qualifying Stages.

Win a couple and they get cocky.

15%2B-%2B1

United get a seat at the top table of world football

Well...

@RobHarris
Manchester United get a seat at the top table of world football - David Gill elected FIFA vice president

Re: United get a seat at the top table of world football

So FIFA vice president, UEFA executive, FA Vice Chairman and rag director. Nothing dodgy going on here then.

Football is bent but we knew that anyway.

BigOscar said:
So FIFA vice president, UEFA executive, FA Vice Chairman and rag director. Nothing dodgy going on here then.

sums it up really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.