United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stoned Rose said:
agyeiboateng said:
Stoned Rose said:
So 60m for a 25 year old midfielder who couldn't make the 30 man Spain squad and has never had a full Spain cap and an 18 year old left back who's had 1 reasonably good season in the prem?

The Herrera signing is going to cause difficulties in fitting everyone in. Central midfield wise they already have Mata, Kagawa, Carrick, Cleverly and Fellaini. Carrick will automatically take 1 of those spots. That leaves 4 players for 1 spot. Good luck with that.

Shaw is a decent player, but fuck me, £30m for a left back?

I could understand that kind of money if he was a striker or attacker and was going to be getting 20+ goals a season but he isn't.

I'm seriously underwhelmed and it looks like their 'warchest' is getting spent on, well. not much.

I'm more than happy to stick with our £12m for Fernando and Sagna.

Sorry but this comment is very poor. The Spanish are loaded with midfielders. Isco would start for many teams in the world and he didnt make the Spanish world cup squad.

Fair enough we are rivals with united so we will make digs at them, but i hate when posters just belittle every player to suit their agenda.

First of all I don't see Utd as a 'rival' and I don't have any 'agenda' against them.

My comments are sound. Had he been good enough he would've got in the Spain squad/team at some stage, probably during friendlies. He hasn't. There has also not been any other clubs mentioned as being after him. The 2 big Spanish clubs have never shown much interest in him. He isn't a 'top' player by any stretch.

His arrival will definitely mean difficulty in fitting him, Mata, Kagawa, Fellaini, Carrick, Janujaz, Nani, Young and even Rooney in. Please tell me how this is wrong?

This.

Even Javi Garcia, who has received endless dogs' abuse on here, and for whom we paid 'only' £12 million, has played for Spain on more than one occasion.

I think that puts their acquisition of Herrera into perspective.

abu13 said:
Rag twunt trying to convince me that Shaw is a bargain. But cant explain to me how, he resorted to insisting that he is already better than any of our full backs and will be their player of the season.

oh dear.

Better than ANY of our fullbacks? Better than Zabba... who even the most biased cnut of a pundit has to admit is the best rightback in the league... better than him?

dario2739 said:
abu13 said:
Rag twunt trying to convince me that Shaw is a bargain. But cant explain to me how, he resorted to insisting that he is already better than any of our full backs and will be their player of the season.

oh dear.

Better than ANY of our fullbacks? Better than Zabba... who even the most biased cnut of a pundit has to admit is the best rightback in the league... better than him?

Miles better. Sky have been telling us this morning that last season, his hair looked better 87% of the time than any other full back and that his socks stayed cleaner 93% of the time with Baines his nearest rival.

Couple the above stats which don't lie with the fact he has been with the rags since he was only 7 then we have the worlds greatest talent already.

Roy has already received written confirmation that the lad is the new starting full back for Inguuuurland!

I don't think Shaw is even better than Evra at the moment, yet alone our fullbacks. He's obviously at the complete other end of his career to Evra, but I don't see him coming in as giving them any instant improvement to their team, nor do I think there is any guarantee that he's going to become a great player. I've seen endless amounts of highly rated teenagers who don't kick on to be world beaters and no one is better at failing to do this than English players. I don't see what makes him any more likely to succeed than Micah, or Glen Johnson, or Kyle Walker or various others who were equally or even higher rated at similar ages, then there is the Phil Baresi's and Rio Smallings of this world. Defenders are incredibly hard to predict how they'll develop, to me this is a really desperate gamble. Worlds most expensive teenager FFS, for a leftback!

IanBishopsHaircut said:
This happens every year

They will sign Luke Shaw and one other semi big name

All this talk of 120-200mil spend is utter bollocks

No way on earth it is happening

I think there is an element of denial among City fans because we enjoyed their downfall so much. People said the Glazers wouldn't spend anything and they have now spent £100m on their last three players and still plan to go ahead with plans to sign at least one centre-back and another midfielder. So it could end up well over £120m, especially if they really push for players like Vidal/Strootman and Hummels.

However, any United fan who uses any of their old buzzwords or clichés about money and doing things the organic way and what have you from now on is an absolute hypocrite. This is the very definition of trying to buy success with accelerated spending at fees above the true value of players.

blueinsa said:
dario2739 said:
abu13 said:

oh dear.

Miles better. Sky have been telling us this morning that last season, his hair looked better 87% of the time than any other full back and that his socks stayed cleaner 93% of the time with Baines his nearest rival.

Couple the above stats which don't lie with the fact he has been with the rags since he was only 7 then we have the worlds greatest talent already.

Roy has already received written confirmation that the lad is the new starting full back for Inguuuurland!

Agreed and I add that his short Christian name and equally short surname are ideal for promotional and marketing purposes; this alone could be worth £3 16s 3p of the price.

LoveCity said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
This happens every year

They will sign Luke Shaw and one other semi big name

All this talk of 120-200mil spend is utter bollocks

No way on earth it is happening

I think there is an element of denial among City fans because we enjoyed their downfall so much. People said the Glazers wouldn't spend anything and they have now spent £100m on their last three players and still plan to go ahead with plans to sign at least one centre-back and another midfielder. So it could end up well over £120m, especially if they really push for players like Vidal/Strootman and Hummels.

However, any United fan who uses any of their old buzzwords or clichés about money and doing things the organic way and what have you from now on is an absolute hypocrite. This is the very definition of trying to buy success with accelerated spending at fees above the true value of players.

Ah but but but Ushited are spending money that they have earned and not money from a sugar daddy, so that's ok.

City are "ruining football", but the rags are "making a statement of intent". This is actually how it gets reported. It's a joke.

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
You have to take your hat off to Southampton.

Yes and no. The fee is a result of him being English and bares no real relation to his actual talent.

Bit part player of a squad that has bombed at a world cup yet again and he goes for a world record fee for a player his age? (I may be wrong there).

Dyke and co need look no further to realise why there are so few English players when they cost as much as this lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.