United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have I just read correctly that Shrek, captain of the rags actually dived to get a penalty in a meaningless friendly against Valencia?

That's fucking desperate.

Rooney as captain will get them even more decisions than before imo, so from that point of view for Van Gaal it's a good choice.

From the leadership, maturity and behaviour aspect it could majorly backfire, but I sense him turning into a Roy Keane character who can do what he wants on the pitch and not get punished, well he does that anyway, only the hacking, especially at people like Vinnie, will only step up.

As Vinnie says, Rooney as their captain, I couldn't care less, it will have zero impact on us. They still have a crap defence and they will ship a shed load of goals, I'm not buying into the rags hype, they are still way behind the top four as far as the squad strength goes and even the vadge wont be able to polish the turd he is managing..!

welsh_andy said:

just showed a rag mate, he was lost for words,lol

According to transfer reports from 'TransferLeague', net spend is looking like this over the past 4 years (as of today):
City - £193.5m
Utd - £203.65m
Chelsea - £199.06m

Wonder when we are going to see a headline such as 'Big Spending United ready to splash cash again ££!!' ?

(Never..)

I know it's only the 13th of August, but where is this apparent queue of players waiting to get inside Old Traffords front doors that we've been hearing about for months.

Blue Til Death said:
As Vinnie says, Rooney as their captain, I couldn't care less, it will have zero impact on us. They still have a crap defence and they will ship a shed load of goals, I'm not buying into the rags hype, they are still way behind the top four as far as the squad strength goes and even the vadge wont be able to polish the turd he is managing..!
Now be honest, did Vinny actually say all that........?

malg said:
Blue Til Death said:
Now be honest, did Vinny actually say all that........?
Yeah and then he started singing "Sheik Mansour went to Spain in a Lambourginhi"

So with days to go to the start of the season, the much vaunted £150 to £200m transfer spend has not materialised.

I believed it thinking that they needed to spend big, but as it is they have spent around a net £60m bringing in Shaw and Herrera. Hardly chicken feed, but still surely way short of what they need considering that Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand, Buttner and Giggs have left.

It's tempting to blame the common factor Ed Woodard who was blamed for last Summer's fiasco but when you have so much money and employ solicitors, lawyers agents etc to get the job done, the more likely explanation is that LVG just hasn't identified the targets he wants.

I'm sure a couple more players at least will come in, but the delay will be damaging especially given the amount of change in manager players and systems at utd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.