United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
stony said:
Allendintiers said:
Stoned Rose said:
Negredo, Aguero and Fernando would strongly disagree with you.

what about Jovetic, Kolorov, Dzeko, Silva, Zabaleta and Demichelis? None of them started off particularly well.

But you said nobody, and he named three players straight away.

If I was being pedantic, you could argue that Negredo had a decent half season then tailed off, and Fernando has played one competitive game. It is rare that someone comes into a club with no pre-season and hits the ground running.

Allendintiers said:
Stoned Rose said:
Allendintiers said:
Doesn't really matter if Hummels and Vidal turned up tomorrow. Nobody joins the PL and hits the ground running. You need at least a season to get used to the pace and aggression of the PL.

what about Jovetic, Kolorov, Dzeko, Silva, Zabaleta and Demichelis? None of them started off particularly well.
you're so wrong about Silva
and zabaleta

Stoned Rose said:
marco said:
mad4city said:
God, let's just say it: that's an incredibly camp looking photo.
Each to their own and all the rest of it but that does look really camp.

the geezer on the left looks like a younger Joe Hart

'Geezer'?!!

top blue from Gorton...............still goes

Maybe it's just me, and I have to admit to not watching La Liga very much, so my view of Di Maria is based mainly on what I saw of him at the WC, but I thought he was ordinary, verging on crap. Might just be an end of season thing, not fitting into the national manager's structure etc. Just felt he was constantly in Zab's way, reducing his threat, for the end result of predictably cutting back onto his left to deliver a cross that was blocked at source, or went to nobody in particular.
Having said that, if you based your opinion of Aguero on the WC, he wouldn't come out too well either.
And what's this thing with Rojo? Again, thought he looked distinctly ordinary, with little end product. Would take Kolarov over him any day.

I obviously need to watch more European football, but can't be arsed frankly.

ianw16 said:
Maybe it's just me, and I have to admit to not watching La Liga very much, so my view of Di Maria is based mainly on what I saw of him at the WC, but I thought he was ordinary, verging on crap. Might just be an end of season thing, not fitting into the national manager's structure etc. Just felt he was constantly in Zab's way, reducing his threat, for the end result of predictably cutting back onto his left to deliver a cross that was blocked at source, or went to nobody in particular.
Having said that, if you based your opinion of Aguero on the WC, he wouldn't come out too well either.
And what's this thing with Rojo? Again, thought he looked distinctly ordinary, with little end product. Would take Kolarov over him any day.

I obviously need to watch more European football, but can't be arsed frankly.

I watch La Liga and for me he has 1 brilliant match in 10/15. He is so wasteful at times. Not crap, but certainly no world beater. IMO.

a8a5e5ud.jpg

squirtyflower said:
Allendintiers said:
Stoned Rose said:

and zabaleta

silva didn't hit the ground running at all. It wasn't until the blackpool away game i think it was that he really started to show what he can do

wireblue said:
squirtyflower said:
Allendintiers said:
and zabaleta

silva didn't hit the ground running at all. It wasn't until the blackpool away game i think it was that he really started to show what he can do
you could tell he oozed class at Tottenham in the first game, plus he's just got back from a World Cup hadn't he?
Anyhow, the poster suggested it takes a season, Silva was at the races at Blackpool you say? Wasn't that Octoberish?

squirtyflower said:
Allendintiers said:
Stoned Rose said:

and zabaleta

Zabaleta had a shocking debut, at home to Chelsea IIRC

They desperately need two center halves and a dominating central midfielder, so they go after Angel di Maria....???

We all knew/hoped when bacon chops went they'd suffer a dip, but with Gill also going they seem to be imploding.

-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.