United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
waspish said:
In don't get it why do the scum always go for the young English players and pay stupid money?

Because then their fans get to claim that they were made by them, and that their academy is so great when it hasn't churned anyone half-good out since '92.

RyanP3609 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
bazbarrybazzer said:
How embarrassing, having your picture taken with a cardboard cutout of the prem trophy..
Hopefully it's the closest he'll get to it.

He'll get closer than that.... when they visit the Etihad I'm sure he'll want to do the tour before kick off :D!

What I don't get from this is Evra signed a new deal, of which I can't see him being told he's going to be number 2 left back? So, Shaw will start the season on the bench (IMO) before eventually taking over from Evra by the end of the season/next year.

So what they've done is essentially sign a bench player for 30+ mil, who was first choice at his previous club and just capped for England for the first time. Hmm... now I wonder, if say, we were to sign a player from a smaller club who's a started for their team, showing signs of vast potential and on the brink of England, and then were to start him on the bench... now... what would the media say about that?!? (If you can't detect my sarcasm, then... I'm being sarcy!)

We did similar with AJ and was slated to the hilt (Even the same with Sinclair) for buying the English players and benching them. The hypocrisy of the media is disgraceful!

This. x100

Ade & Ko. said:
RyanP3609 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Hopefully it's the closest he'll get to it.

He'll get closer than that.... when they visit the Etihad I'm sure he'll want to do the tour before kick off :D!

What I don't get from this is Evra signed a new deal, of which I can't see him being told he's going to be number 2 left back? So, Shaw will start the season on the bench (IMO) before eventually taking over from Evra by the end of the season/next year.

So what they've done is essentially sign a bench player for 30+ mil, who was first choice at his previous club and just capped for England for the first time. Hmm... now I wonder, if say, we were to sign a player from a smaller club who's a started for their team, showing signs of vast potential and on the brink of England, and then were to start him on the bench... now... what would the media say about that?!? (If you can't detect my sarcasm, then... I'm being sarcy!)

We did similar with AJ and was slated to the hilt (Even the same with Sinclair) for buying the English players and benching them. The hypocrisy of the media is disgraceful!

This. x100
And don't forget we destroyed the careers of Jack Rodwell and Micah Richards by not giving them game time , because we were too busy buying expensive overrated foreigners , so that we could carry out the master plan to destroy football and England's World Cup hopes.
A simple phone call and they would have known about persistent and long term injuries , particularly to the two players above - but that wouldn't have made much of a story.

10389018_1086416621398553_3154560692983122396_n.jpg

chris63 said:
I don't understand twitter - but does that message come from a gooner ?
If so , not only is it painfully stupid but more so because arse paid more than any of these for Ozil.

Ade & Ko. said:
waspish said:
In don't get it why do the scum always go for the young English players and pay stupid money?

Because then their fans get to claim that they were made by them, and that their academy is so great when it hasn't churned anyone half-good out since '92.

I'm having this very argument at the moment. A United fan tells me they have had a youth player in their team since 1937. In 2011 they played Arsenal and he claimed Fabio to be a youth player who was bought aged 17 and signed professional terms straight away then John O Shea, who was on the bench and didn't even play. Now O Shea also signed aged 17 on full time professional terms, from another club, so why do they class him a youth prodigy? I can't find any evidence he actually played for any United academy side.

manchester blue said:
Ade & Ko. said:
waspish said:

I'm having this very argument at the moment. A United fan tells me they have had a youth player in their team since 1937. In 2011 they played Arsenal and he claimed Fabio to be a youth player who was bought aged 17 and signed professional terms straight away then John O Shea, who was on the bench and didn't even play. Now O Shea also signed aged 17 on full time professional terms, from another club, so why do they class him a youth prodigy? I can't find any evidence he actually played for any United academy side.

That must have been Giggs, I guess :-)

I'm hearing Vidal is headed there, Mirror (who is questionable) says that Gazetto Dello Sport (which is legit) are the ones breaking it.

Honestly I didn't think they could get established players without the Champions League, and I didn't think the Glazers would open up the purse but looks like they are.

It's not the best news for us, but you lot have nothing to fear. The good thing about you is you're at a consolidating stage now, just shoring up a weakness in the XI here and there, but overall squad is fine without needing a bunch of signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.