United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
M18CTID said:
As big a club as United are, I'd be surprised if Adidas are indeed prepared to pay them £75m a year. The main reason being that they baulked at Liverpool wanting £25m a year to renew their kit deal just a couple of years ago, and while Liverpool haven't been as successful as United in recent times, they still have a huge global profile so to pay 3 times that per annum doesn't make much sense to me.

I can't find a link to it but in the hard copy of tonight's MEN, there appears to be a bit of expectation management going on. I threw it away once I'd read it but the figures quoted are far less than £75m and an agreement hasn't been signed. It claims it is between Warrior and Addidas and United are looking for £60m a year. I should have thought that Nike dropping out would have had a deflationary effect so they may be looking for £60m but I wouldn't be too sure they will get it.

Warrior will not exist soon in the UK football market. It will be branded as New Balance who own Warrior.

cyclops said:
Warrior will not exist soon in the UK football market. It will be branded as New Balance who own Warrior.

Their trainers are shit and worn by middle america dads with long socks and shorts with belts and a polo top.

TCIB said:
cyclops said:

Their trainers are shit and worn by middle america dads with long socks and shorts with belts and a polo top.

Hahaha that's what I imagine when I think of them to, although the hipsters walking around Manchester have taken a fancy to them.

sir baconface said:
Carstairs said:
With all the debate about white shorts and blue shorts, it's surprising that Nike didn't take the opportunity to put the rags in a darker short this season...

Brown?
you are so fucking funny the both of you hope you get something similar for a couple of weeks and see how you cope

The rags are getting giddy about our stadium expansion. Lots of jolly quips about empty seats.
This one tickled me though. It just about sums up the arrogance of the average rag.

Yes, City's fans are loyal, they stayed with their club through hard times. So do a lot of clubs' supporters. Utd fans also still backed Moyes through a turbulent period.

You really couldn't make it up.

I'm With Stupid said:
Galatasaray have just said that Sneijder has a £16m release clause. Can see them going for that tbh. Not a bad price. He's still only 30 years old, so they'd get a good few years out of him. I'd have him at City if we weren't already overstocked in that department.
Not had a good World Cup and there's a reason why he's at Gala.

Pleased to see Evra on his way out. All change in Utd's back 4 with Rio, Vidic and Evra leaving. That will be difficult to deal with

stony said:
The rags are getting giddy about our stadium expansion. Lots of jolly quips about empty seats.
This one tickled me though. It just about sums up the arrogance of the average rag.

Yes, City's fans are loyal, they stayed with their club through hard times. So do a lot of clubs' supporters. Utd fans also still backed Moyes through a turbulent period.

They all fucked off by the time it got to 1-3 :)

dan.j.mcfc said:
TCIB said:
cyclops said:

Hahaha that's what I imagine when I think of them to, although the hipsters walking around Manchester have taken a fancy to them.

they do the best running trainers though

stony said:

I love it when they make quips about our empty seats. It shows they are really hurting. I sincerely hope we struggle to sell out the ground on a regular basis when we expand the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.