United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
NiceN Sleazy said:
Looks to me that Nike have called their bluff.

They walked away because they know the figures are ridiculous.

All but confirmed as £750m/£75m per year from Adidas, by far the biggest kit deal in history.

The knock-on effect will be interesting, surely clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona will want more. And less glamorous clubs will also want more, within reason. City's £12m/year kit deal is no longer good enough, a Champions League brand and top English club should be able to ask £30m at the very minimum now.

United are absolutely minted by their latest commercial deals and once they get back in the Champions League should be able to rival anyone for any player.

They have always been able to buy, but they have greedy owners who are only spending money now because they are in a panic and the brand is being cheapened by the crap team they have on the pitch. The money will end up in the Glazers pocket via a tax free haven.

This supposed deal the scum are getting are not market value especially with them being out of the champs league so I hope UEFA are going to look at it and tell them So!

waspish said:
This supposed deal the scum are getting are not market value especially with them being out of the champs league so I hope UEFA are going to look at it and tell them So!

David Gill will be right on to it...

... just like Allianz's 8% ownership of Bayern Munich, yet they pay Bayern every year for stadium rights. Given all the fuss about the owner of City *maybe* having ties to Etihad, where was the investigation into this?

One big, utterly corrupt cabal.

LoveCity said:
waspish said:

David Gill will be right on to it...

... just like Allianz's 8% ownership of Bayern Munich, yet they pay Bayern every year for stadium rights. Given all the fuss about the owner of City *maybe* having ties to Etihad, where was the investigation into this?

One big, utterly corrupt cabal.

Yep UEFA and there cronies are taking the piss out of us if I was our owners I would told them see you in court! But looks like they in for the long run bit the bullet and took the pinch!!

This and the Chevvy deal have more of a stench than a rat infested cesspit

We know how bent the Chevvy deal was and now maybe the Scum/Bayern/Madrid axis is hell bent on removing us from the scene
A German company with shares in Bayern throwing dosh at the 7th best club in England with no European exposure? Chevvy no longer selling vehicles in Europe and Turkish/Aeroflot (the latter with no flights to Manchester) fawning all over the coonts?!

Wtf is going on?
I ´m sure all our sponsors will double their fookin contracts if we drop out of CL :(

Fookin ludicrous - I hope it backfires on Adidas and Nike take them to the cleaners as much as I hate their tatty sportswear - looks like we´ll have to go balls deep in for the Yank market to be able to get future leverage on kit deals

14+-+1

As big a club as United are, I'd be surprised if Adidas are indeed prepared to pay them £75m a year. The main reason being that they baulked at Liverpool wanting £25m a year to renew their kit deal just a couple of years ago, and while Liverpool haven't been as successful as United in recent times, they still have a huge global profile so to pay 3 times that per annum doesn't make much sense to me.

Galatasaray have just said that Sneijder has a £16m release clause. Can see them going for that tbh. Not a bad price. He's still only 30 years old, so they'd get a good few years out of him. I'd have him at City if we weren't already overstocked in that department.

I'm With Stupid said:
Galatasaray have just said that Sneijder has a £16m release clause. Can see them going for that tbh. Not a bad price. He's still only 30 years old, so they'd get a good few years out of him. I'd have him at City if we weren't already overstocked in that department.

Why?

So he could chase after the ref screaming abuse when he doesn't get everything given to him?

He's another smacked arse arrogant **** and will belong at the swamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.