United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
A new precedent is being set from their kit + sponsorship deals and all top clubs will now want deals at least within touching range of their's. For example, Arsenal's Puma deal is half of what United's Adidas deal is going to be.

We're making around £52m/year from Etihad (the apparently inflated and unfair deal that ALSO covers a stadium + training campus) + Nike compared to about £135m/year they will be getting from Adidas and that car firm. Etihad deal needs pushing up to at least £60m per year and the Nike deal to in the £30m vicinity if renegotiations are possible.
The Etihad deal might go up, but the Nike deal will be based entirely on how many shirts they can sell. The reality is that we still don't sell as many as the perennial 4th placed team or the 7th place (when they signed the deal) history professors. But yeah, it makes of mockery of Liverpool and Arsenal fans claims that our sponsorship deals were inflated, when they're signing bigger deals than us despite doing fuck all for years.

Right can someone far more clued up and intelligent explain to me how these are getting more than double the current world record (Held by Real Madrid at 30 million a season) for a Kit deal after their worst season in decades? Dont tell me Real Madrid sell less than half the shirts world wide Utd do, and aren't Madrid also sponsored by Adidas? i wonder what they make of their kit manufacturer giving Utd more than double the money to produce their kits? i can see a Madrid/Adidas renegotiation soon for sure!

I know these things are all based on world wide image and fanbases etc but even so, 75 million a season!?? just how!?

Rumours about 10 year deal with adidas for 75m per year.
We get 12m from Nike per year.

tariq panja @tariqpanja · 34 min
United's new shirt contract will bring in more money than 17 of 20 Premier League clubs make in gate receipts for an entire season.

They do some great negotiating around sponsors. DHL pays them for a simple training shirt sponsoration millions of pounds per year.

I hope Soriano and his team working their ass off for new sponsors that bring in big money not just the small ones.

Will be interesting to know how much we extra commercial income we had in 13-14 apart from those funny but creative image deals sold to Mansour's one club to his other club.

Soriano must prove he is the right man, he has to show he can increase incomes big time. Certainly TV money will be improving a lot but thats a given for any other PL club so I am not counting that.

Damanino said:
Rumours about 10 year deal with adidas for 75m per year.
We get 12m from Nike per year.

tariq panja @tariqpanja · 34 min
United's new shirt contract will bring in more money than 17 of 20 Premier League clubs make in gate receipts for an entire season.

They do some great negotiating around sponsors. DHL pays them for a simple training shirt sponsoration millions of pounds per year.

I hope Soriano and his team working their ass off for new sponsors that bring in big money not just the small ones.

Will be interesting to know how much we extra commercial income we had in 13-14 apart from those funny but creative image deals sold to Mansour's one club to his other club.

Soriano must prove he is the right man, he has to show he can increase incomes big time. Certainly TV money will be improving a lot but thats a given for any other PL club so I am not counting that.

Thats utterly ridiculous, dare i say cheating and unfair? and i ask again how do they manage these deals? Chevrolet was also ridiculous numbers too if i remember correctly?? they're a declining force yet are breaking records for kits and sponsorships.. are these companys not watching what happens on the pitch anymore?

It's surprising after that Bulshit story of the scum having 659m fans and its on there website as fact!! that they always seem to get fcuking ridicules high sponsors!!

We will be watching from afar as they ride off into the sunset regarding turnover. Yes,we have significantly improved ours but it will always be an attempt to bridge the gap,while never getting close to their revenues.

dubblue said:
We will be watching from afar as they ride off into the sunset regarding turnover. Yes,we have significantly improved ours but it will always be an attempt to bridge the gap,while never getting close to their revenues.

Oh we will and we will surpass it...

dubblue said:

RAG

I bet Wayne's excited about the switch to Adidas:

Adidas+old+lady+sweater.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.