United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot of talk about reasons for their decline.

Was it moyes?

Is it Van Lolz?

Is it the players they've bought?

Is it Ewar Woowar?

In my opinion these things play a part. However for me the main reason is they've lost their 'protection'.

Previously they were incredibly 'protected'. Firstly, pretty much everybody 'rolled over' simply because it was them. There were so many times where utd were blatantly poor yet still won the game. It was as though the opponent felt it was 'right' that utd won and simply accepted defeat. Secondly, they got a huge amount of 'help' by way of penalties and other dodgy refereeing, especially against their rivals and in games where they 'needed' it.

They no longer have this protection. Look at both 'penalties' yesterday. Pre 2013 they'd have both been given.

Utd are now just another team. They are playing on a level playing field just like the rest of us. They don't just 'get' they now have to work damn hard to win games just like the rest of us.

I always said this protection was worth a good 25 points a season. Let's see.

mac said:
If the rags continue to be a mid table team will sky change it to the sky top 11 to make their fans still feel special and part of the gang.
I remember after a game last season I think it was that Ed Chamberlin(?) on Sky going to a graphic of the league table and saying "Let's look at the leading 8 in the premier league"
It was shockingly bad.

Gary Neville though.. How is it he has become so likeable? Is it because he was such a **** as a player (and by that I only mean he was a united fan as well as a united player) and now he's just a football commentator who knows how to do his job?

His latest impartiality yesterday was to comment early in the game how Rodwells career had gone backwards the last two seasons because of injury. Nothing too over the top, just reported it how it was. We've all seen the snidier comments in the media basically blaming Manchester City for his career halt..

@Ducado. I think the united poster you referred to was Viva Rivaldo? He was decent and spoke neutrally. Probably just another forumite who for whatever reason came and went. Either that or saw what was coming! Don't think he was here much after Aguerrrrrrooooo!!

StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
mac said:
If the rags continue to be a mid table team will sky change it to the sky top 11 to make their fans still feel special and part of the gang.
I remember after a game last season I think it was that Ed Chamberlin(?) on Sky going to a graphic of the league table and saying "Let's look at the leading 8 in the premier league"
It was shockingly bad.

Gary Neville though.. How is it he has become so likeable? Is it because he was such a c**t as a player (and by that I only mean he was a united fan as well as a united player) and now he's just a football commentator who knows how to do his job?

His latest impartiality yesterday was to comment early in the game how Rodwells career had gone backwards the last two seasons because of injury. Nothing too over the top, just reported it how it was. We've all seen the snidier comments in the media basically blaming Manchester City for his career halt..

@Ducado. I think the united poster you referred to was Viva Rivaldo? He was decent and spoke neutrally. Probably just another forumite who for whatever reason came and went. Either that or saw what was coming! Don't think he was here much after Aguerrrrrrooooo!!

I remember that from Chamberlain.At the time I nearly put my foot through the telly.

mac said:
mac said:
It was shockingly bad.

Gary Neville though.. How is it he has become so likeable? Is it because he was such a c**t as a player (and by that I only mean he was a united fan as well as a united player) and now he's just a football commentator who knows how to do his job?

I remember that from Chamberlain.At the time I nearly put my foot through the telly.
Don't watch mnf tonight. It will be the top 13 :-)

IH8MUFC said:
mac said:
It was shockingly bad.

Don't watch mnf tonight. It will be the top 13 :-)
Going to take the work boots off, before I switch it on as I have just bought a new Telly.Tbf if there is some sort of shite excuse ,Neville normally speaks sense.

Gary Neville though.. How is it he has become so likeable? Is it because he was such a **** as a player (and by that I only mean he was a united fan as well as a united player) and now he's just a football commentator who knows how to do his job?

Yes, I noticed that. Contrast that idiot Quinn who prattled on about Jack's career stalling at City and completely forgetting to mention him being injured for 80% of the time and shit for the other 20.

On a more general point, whilst it's been a source of endless amusement watching the debacle unfold at the swamp, we have to be realistic and accept that this is not going to last forever. Very sadly. they are just too big and too rich to fail. The only question is how long it takes and how much they have to spend to get competitive again. Still, we can enjoy it while it lasts eh.

eversince 76 said:
I just wanna stay calm. Only two games played. Not used their new signings yet and a different manager. They will have a couple of new players coming in as well for sure. A win or back-to-back could change the lot.

I just wanna enjoy City. Whatever happens to that lot (and other big or minor upsets to the old top 4) minorly adds to that enjoyment.
I'm staying calm. It's good to laugh at them, but they will get a lot stronger. Once Turtle gets Herrera, Di Maria and Rojo bedded in, along with another one or two of his signings (I'm not putting Shaw in there), they will improve.

Sunderland could have won that game if they had gone for it, instead they just sat in their half waiting to see what Utd had

Utd look even worse than last season, but I've been calling time on them for many a year. Too soon.

Remember this time last season under Pellegrini? We won our opening game then turned in a few poor performances away from home. But we improved.

Too soon to say its terminal when they are going to throw a lot of resources at the team.

Marvin said:
Sunderland could have won that game if they had gone for it, instead they just sat in their half waiting to see what Utd had

Utd look even worse than last season, but I've been calling time on them for many a year. Too soon.

Remember this time last season under Pellegrini? We won our opening game then turned in a few poor performances away from home. But we improved.

Too soon to say its terminal when they are going to throw a lot of resources at the team.

I agree, Sunderlan should have won. They did look out on their feet for the last 30 minutes though and were pretty shite in the 2nd half generally.

But regards United being in a "terminal" condition, unfortunately there's absolute zero chance of them doing a Leeds. Shame, obviously, but it can't happen. They will just buy their way out of this shambles and then go bleating on about The United Way(tm) again, conveniently forgetting about the £300m+ they spent over these seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.