United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henkeman said:
baildon blue said:
Henkeman said:
Just wondering here...given the amount of money they're spunking at the moment, if they don't make fourth, is there not a genuine risk that they'll actually be in a degree of trouble? The debt has never been an issue, because they can afford it. But if they don't make Europe, and the overheads are huge and increasing, and the sponsorship deals may drop, then even with the increased TV revenue, that can't be sustainable can it? One thing about United is that they've been a cash cow. Now....well they're playing a risky game. which may or may not work, ok. But risk? United? Wow.
I still think they will be ok .
Just signed a massive kit deal with adidas .
The sponsors will bail this joke of a club out .
If they didn't make the top 4 this season and next ,then I think they will be in big trouble .

They should be. But I've never before questioned their viability. They seem to be taking some risks - in itself quite something.
The reason they're taking risks is because their debts can be called in if they fail to make top 4 in two non consecutive seasons of three (ie last season and next, or this season and 16/17) the banks can call their debt in, their Adidas deal is CL incentive based and their plastic Asian hordes will start to fall off if they become an afterthought in the prem. As for the money they've spent so far, it seems to be within their limits, but just about.

de niro said:
a loyal rag has his say on ADM.

Zacccc @Zaccccc54
Follow
@ManUtd DI MARIA OR I SUPPORT MAN CITY

8:18 PM - 21 Aug 2014

hahahaha they really are fucking unreal!

United have been awesome so far. 2 games played and already 5 points behind Chelsea. Cracking stuff.

davymcfc said:
United have been awesome so far. 2 games played and already 5 points behind Chelsea. Cracking stuff.
1 point more than qpr you mean.

jollylescott said:
I rarely watch their games but after watching the replay of the Sunderland game it was extraordinary how poor they really are as a team. The standout for me is the lack of pace in the team. They are collectively so slow all over the park that they look like a mid table team, at best.

Their current team is a savage indictment of a policy where they simply assumed that conquest and victory were part of the natural order. It's a bit like an old, fat, corrupt King who loses sight of the kingdom because he is too busy enjoying the spoils and largesse which accompany victory.

The good news for us is that their collapse is so profound that it's hard to imagine them emerging from their downward spiral for quite a few seasons.

Di Maria is not the answer. Their defence and midfield are terrible. If they choose to splash a British record fee on him, then so be it. Di Maria is not going to solve all the other problems.

At the moment we are polar opposites. City has stability, fantastic leadership, the brand being taken around the world etc.

The other mob are simply a shambles, both on and off the field.

Me too. I would normally only watch their highlights, and that's if I already know they lost! I made an exception yesterday and watched the live stream out of curiosity.

I agree with your every word. This was mid/lower-mid table stodge. No spark, no confidence, no cohesion.

Probably too much to hope they'll be this poor all season but Butt-Head has got a lot on his plate.

jollylescott said:
I rarely watch their games but after watching the replay of the Sunderland game it was extraordinary how poor they really are as a team. The standout for me is the lack of pace in the team. They are collectively so slow all over the park that they look like a mid table team, at best.

Their current team is a savage indictment of a policy where they simply assumed that conquest and victory were part of the natural order. It's a bit like an old, fat, corrupt King who loses sight of the kingdom because he is too busy enjoying the spoils and largesse which accompany victory.

The good news for us is that their collapse is so profound that it's hard to imagine them emerging from their downward spiral for quite a few seasons.

Di Maria is not the answer. Their defence and midfield are terrible. If they choose to splash a British record fee on him, then so be it. Di Maria is not going to solve all the other problems.

At the moment we are polar opposites. City has stability, fantastic leadership, the brand being taken around the world etc.

The other mob are simply a shambles, both on and off the field.
Di Maria would help them a lot. Ask yourself who on that team yesterday could beat 1 man? Di Maria can beat 3.

Who on their team/squad has pace? Danny boy then who else?

Who in the rags team/squad would get in our team? Maybe ddg in goal. Then who else? Shaw possibly in a few years but not now. DI Maria would get in our starting 11.

The rags attacking play was so slow, predictable and safety first. Everything Di Maria isn't. They desperately need a player of Di Maria's class to give penetration to their attacks.

They might over pay for him, I reckon he is worth over 45 easily in today's climate.

They better sign him soon or he won't be able to make his debut in the Carling Cup on Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.