United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
Allendintiers said:
Marvin said:
Utd's transfer strategy is in utter disarray.

What is the club with the biggest transfer budget in football doing scrabbling about a week from the deadline?

2nd year running. Heads should roll.

2 years on the run the glazers have brought in a manager in July, and immediately tied them up with a global tour. That is why all this nonsense is happening days before the window closes. Moyes was inheriting the PL champions so he wasn't going to rock the boat, but LVG is taking no prisoners. He's already dispatched of Nani, Zaha, Cleverley with Wellbeck, Hernandez and Anderson also heading towards the exit doors, add to that Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand and the retirement of Giggs and that's the best part of 10 first team players, so you could say there's more happening right now than has done for decades.

I think that when the dust has settled, LVG will have the bones of a fairly decent side. Looking at the proposed personnel... Di Maria, RVP, Mata, Rooney, Herrera, (Vidal/Carvalho),Rojo, Jones, De Gea. And a few decent prospects in Januzij, Wilson and Blackett. It will take a while for a new team, playing a new formation to gel, but I'm optimistic that a man of his experience and the team he has brought in, that they will pull it off.

Last season City changed manager, and yet did our business early on. Again this Summer we were on tour in America too, again business done. These areno excuses except incompetence

You do have some star players in you squad, particularly up front, and I like Wilson, but it will count for nothing if you don' sign a top quality central defender

The difference at city is you have a director of football, who was probably one of the factors to Mancini being sacked, but he was able to plough on and bring in his targets before Pelligrini had wiped the dust from his passport. This makes a huge difference in the transfer market. United are still a one man band in that respect, but we're not the only ones as many managers cannot operate with people tinkering with their plans, I think that LVG is one of those managers, he wouldn't accept a director of football standing over him.

I agree with the central defender. The clock is ticking on that one.

tonea2003 said:
Allendintiers said:
waspish said:
If given the time he will get it right but no champs league this season and next will the glazers panic and sack LVG?

Obviously no CL takes a financial hit to the coffers, but they managed to paper over the cracks with the 750m adidas deal, on top of the 559m chevrolet deal so there won't be any shortage of cash for the foreseeable. The biggest loss is status. When you have been one of the top teams in the competition for decades it's a kick in the teeth, but imagine if we were in it this season, I cannot see us getting past the group stage with a team in major transition. In answer to your question, I think they have backed him to the hilt and will see it through.

what's the deal with rojo? why can't he get a work permit? seems to be dragging on a bit

Still not sorted out who owns him.
Can't register him in England whilst there are any 3rd party claims still lingering.

Allendintiers said:
Marvin said:
Allendintiers said:
2 years on the run the glazers have brought in a manager in July, and immediately tied them up with a global tour. That is why all this nonsense is happening days before the window closes. Moyes was inheriting the PL champions so he wasn't going to rock the boat, but LVG is taking no prisoners. He's already dispatched of Nani, Zaha, Cleverley with Wellbeck, Hernandez and Anderson also heading towards the exit doors, add to that Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand and the retirement of Giggs and that's the best part of 10 first team players, so you could say there's more happening right now than has done for decades.

I think that when the dust has settled, LVG will have the bones of a fairly decent side. Looking at the proposed personnel... Di Maria, RVP, Mata, Rooney, Herrera, (Vidal/Carvalho),Rojo, Jones, De Gea. And a few decent prospects in Januzij, Wilson and Blackett. It will take a while for a new team, playing a new formation to gel, but I'm optimistic that a man of his experience and the team he has brought in, that they will pull it off.

Last season City changed manager, and yet did our business early on. Again this Summer we were on tour in America too, again business done. These areno excuses except incompetence

You do have some star players in you squad, particularly up front, and I like Wilson, but it will count for nothing if you don' sign a top quality central defender

The difference at city is you have a director of football, who was probably one of the factors to Mancini being sacked, but he was able to plough on and bring in his targets before Pelligrini had wiped the dust from his passport. This makes a huge difference in the transfer market. United are still a one man band in that respect, but we're not the only ones as many managers cannot operate with people tinkering with their plans, I think that LVG is one of those managers, he wouldn't accept a director of football standing over him.

But that's not an excuse, it's accepting that United are being amateurish in their transfer dealings.

denislawsbackheel said:
tonea2003 said:
Allendintiers said:
Obviously no CL takes a financial hit to the coffers, but they managed to paper over the cracks with the 750m adidas deal, on top of the 559m chevrolet deal so there won't be any shortage of cash for the foreseeable. The biggest loss is status. When you have been one of the top teams in the competition for decades it's a kick in the teeth, but imagine if we were in it this season, I cannot see us getting past the group stage with a team in major transition. In answer to your question, I think they have backed him to the hilt and will see it through.

what's the deal with rojo? why can't he get a work permit? seems to be dragging on a bit

Can't register him in England whilst there are any 3rd party claims still lingering.

i assume then he's not in england thus not training ala mangala so he will be weeks away from playing certainly at match fitness levels.
and with utd's top heavy squad i would think similar results will continue

denislawsbackheel said:
tonea2003 said:
Allendintiers said:

Plus the outstanding GBH charges he still has to answer for. We can't just let anyone into the country you know!

Allendintiers said:
Marvin said:
Allendintiers said:

Van Gaal worked with DOFs at Ajax and Bayern and our very own Txiki at Barcelona, this will be the first time in his career he has worked a club management job without a Director of Football.

Moyes knew he would be utd manager after evertons last home match in may, and the whole of June and July utd put bids in for player after player but got snubbed to fuck.
Moyes said one thing and Woodward was saying another.
Officially moyes contract started in July but he had the whole of June to set targets and chase players.
He signed afro and elbows on the last day of the transfer window at the 11th hour And paid an extra 4mil in the process.
Van flatface would have been relaying info about who he wants to Woodward but because Woodward is fuckin clueless he just bragged about how much money they have to spend.... Not realising they wasn't in Europe and that players will go to teams who are in Europe... For example Kroos, for example fabregas, for example mangala.... (all players linked with utd)...
All this bullshit about the rags managers only starting in July and going straight on a tour and it stopping utd competing in the transfer market... Excuses excuses which we've become accustomed to from the theatre of shattered dreams for a while now.
Nobody wants to go to utd anymore, and the fact that they are offering to double players wages reeks of desperation. This rojo geezer, apparently still problems with the work permit..
Di Maria? Didn't really want to come, got pushed out by Madrid.... Panic buy like mata...
So allendintiers, don't come on here spouting your shite, you rags are excuse central, never your fault and Always somebody else to blame.
Your club is a circus at the minute ran by two clowns who think they're jonny big potatoes, as the old saying goes..... You can't Polish a turd...
Plastic twats.

Allendintiers said:
He's already dispatched of Nani, Zaha, Cleverley with Wellbeck, Hernandez and Anderson also heading towards the exit doors, add to that Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand and the retirement of Giggs and that's the best part of 10 first team players,

10 first team players? How do you work that one out?

Most were bit part players. Did Zaha play any games at all last season?

Only the defenders you mention could be called 'first team players', and as Marvin has said it was known they were all going this summer (all in one go was probably a mistake in itself) and replacements could - no, should - have been lined up first.

Saying the managers didn't start till July is twisting the story to comic proportions. Even if they needed to be involved (and they didn't necessarily, given the position it has left you in) they could have been consulted. I would be amazed if they weren't. If everything was left until the new manager came in then your club has bigger problems than any of us has realised up to now.

Of all your posts where you have tried to spin the story and present an alternative narrative based on far fetched analysis, this is the worst. (Actually, probably second worst).

Don't take that personally though, we all have subconscious blind spots when it comes to our own clubs, but you perhaps need to be made aware of how much nonsense your talking (assuming it isn't deliberate) so that when you get abuse you know where it all started.

Other club's supporters are welcome on here, and by me as much as anybody. But the ones who tend to stay, who add interest, are not the ones trying to justify the actions of their clubs with nonsense. You've started badly and don't seem to be improving.

Allendintiers said:
Marvin said:
Allendintiers said:

I'd imagine at Barcelona and Bayern he worked with a football director.

I wasn't in favour of Mancini going until right at the death, but in hindsight I don't think it had much to do with his one to one relationship with the Football director, more to do with his style of management. When Pellegrini came in, the buzzword was "holistic". That was a reaction to what went on before. Getting more from everyone and using every resource of the club

I like Di maria, but I can't see Utd winning regularly until they sort the defence out. Maybe some of it is confidence, and injuries, but I have never rated Smalling, Jones or Evans. Evans is the best of the 3 but then he made that error at MK dons, and Smalling and Jones are very injury prone

manimanc said:
Moyes knew he would be utd manager after evertons last home match in may, and the whole of June and July utd put bids in for player after player but got snubbed to fuck.
Moyes said one thing and Woodward was saying another.
Officially moyes contract started in July but he had the whole of June to set targets and chase players.
He signed afro and elbows on the last day of the transfer window at the 11th hour And paid an extra 4mil in the process.
Van flatface would have been relaying info about who he wants to Woodward but because Woodward is fuckin clueless he just bragged about how much money they have to spend.... Not realising they wasn't in Europe and that players will go to teams who are in Europe... For example Kroos, for example fabregas, for example mangala.... (all players linked with utd)...
All this bullshit about the rags managers only starting in July and going straight on a tour and it stopping utd competing in the transfer market... Excuses excuses which we've become accustomed to from the theatre of shattered dreams for a while now.
Nobody wants to go to utd anymore, and the fact that they are offering to double players wages reeks of desperation. This rojo geezer, apparently still problems with the work permit..
Di Maria? Didn't really want to come, got pushed out by Madrid.... Panic buy like mata...
So allendintiers, don't come on here spouting your shite, you rags are excuse central, never your fault and Always somebody else to blame.
Your club is a circus at the minute ran by two clowns who think they're jonny big potatoes, as the old saying goes..... You can't Polish a turd...
Plastic twats.

I understand that this thread has a certain narrative that you all abide by, (like an argument in the pub with an armchair 'rag' from London, where you always come away with the upper hand and the armchair rag dies from embarrassment) but I am hugely optimistic with the goings on at United, this week in particular. We are clearing out the players that have been dragging us down and replacing them with better quality.

Out
Bebe - Benfica
Hernandez - Juventus
Zaha - Palace
Cleverly - Villa
Nani - Sporting
Lindegaard - Celtic
Kagawa - Dortmund
Welbeck - Hull/Spurs
Anderson - KFC

In
Di Maria
Shaw
Herrera
Rojo
(Vidal/Carvalho)??
Wilson
Blackett
And maybe a defender.

I'm more than happy with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.