United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can put a brave face on things all they like, but the facts are that the rags have gone from hoping they win the CL to hoping some random blues get a kicking in the away leg in Rome. That tells you all you need to know about football in Mcr in 2014.

Sorry for the random post!, but could someone explain to me why I can't seem to find a game result in the manchester evening News of the rags spanking by MK Dons. I love to forward news to my rag supporter mates especially GOOD news. Ferguson is gone and now the media has nothing to be afraid of in reporting the truth.....unless, of course the truth is actually TRUE.

£15m for Hernandez = very good business.
£8m for Cleverley = very good business.

Given those figures I'm guessing Spurs will get their arse slapped for Welbeck!

Oh, and nice to see that Hodgson has said he spoke to Shaw about his fitness during the World Cup! I'm sure Turtle will be happy with that news.

malg said:

Oh, and nice to see that Hodgson has said he spoke to Shaw about his fitness during the World Cup! I'm sure Turtle will be happy with that news.
City got £10m plus add-ons for Rodwell who has a poor injury record. Utd's transfer strategy is in utter disarray.

What is the club with the biggest transfer budget in football doing scrabbling about a week from the deadline?

2nd year running. Heads should roll.

Marvin said:
malg said:

Utd's transfer strategy is in utter disarray.

What is the club with the biggest transfer budget in football doing scrabbling about a week from the deadline?

Worth thinking about. They might play better without them.

Marvin said:
malg said:

2 years on the run the glazers have brought in a manager in July, and immediately tied them up with a global tour. That is why all this nonsense is happening days before the window closes. Moyes was inheriting the PL champions so he wasn't going to rock the boat, but LVG is taking no prisoners. He's already dispatched of Nani, Zaha, Cleverley with Wellbeck, Hernandez and Anderson also heading towards the exit doors, add to that Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand and the retirement of Giggs and that's the best part of 10 first team players, so you could say there's more happening right now than has done for decades.

I think that when the dust has settled, LVG will have the bones of a fairly decent side. Looking at the proposed personnel... Di Maria, RVP, Mata, Rooney, Herrera, (Vidal/Carvalho),Rojo, Jones, De Gea. And a few decent prospects in Januzij, Wilson and Blackett. It will take a while for a new team, playing a new formation to gel, but I'm optimistic that a man of his experience and the team he has brought in, that they will pull it off.

Allendintiers said:
Marvin said:
malg said:

2nd year running. Heads should roll.[

It will take a while for a new team, playing a new formation to gel, but I'm optimistic that a man of his experience and the team he has brought in, that they will pull it off.

Optimistic??!!

Allendintiers said:
Marvin said:
malg said:

2 years on the run the glazers have brought in a manager in July, and immediately tied them up with a global tour. That is why all this nonsense is happening days before the window closes. Moyes was inheriting the PL champions so he wasn't going to rock the boat, but LVG is taking no prisoners. He's already dispatched of Nani, Zaha, Cleverley with Wellbeck, Hernandez and Anderson also heading towards the exit doors, add to that Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand and the retirement of Giggs and that's the best part of 10 first team players, so you could say there's more happening right now than has done for decades.

I think that when the dust has settled, LVG will have the bones of a fairly decent side. Looking at the proposed personnel... Di Maria, RVP, Mata, Rooney, Herrera, (Vidal/Carvalho),Rojo, Jones, De Gea. And a few decent prospects in Januzij, Wilson and Blackett. It will take a while for a new team, playing a new formation to gel, but I'm optimistic that a man of his experience and the team he has brought in, that they will pull it off.
Pull what off?

Blue Smarties said:
Allendintiers said:
Marvin said:

Pull what off?
Grannyshagger's scruffy looking transplant

Allendintiers said:
Marvin said:
malg said:

Why would you be optimistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.