United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
abu13 said:
Taken from Ragcafe.

That's pretty crazy.
Doesn't take inflation into account at all. Signings like Keane, Rio, Rooney, Veron etc were all "mega-signings" but compared to today's fees, it's peanuts due to the proliferation of sugar daddy clubs and meteoric rise in TV revenue.

Plus Duncan Castles is a well known ABU and cnut.

I'd say even by todays standards the fees paid for Camel gob, wiggy and Veron would still be substantial, maybe peanuts compared to the recent british record signing but remind me again who paid that? As far as the iris gobshite Keane is concerned wasnt his fee a record at the time as well?

Deluded fucker,

They fail to take into account the amount of money in football then also, no mega sponsorship packages, no 60 million for coming bottom of the PL etc so the signings they made were huge money then. Even 500k for Irwin broke the british record for a full back.

Vienna_70 said:
Did anyone hear the idiot rag on 606 last night, who claimed we bought the title?

Savage told him that the rags' squad is more expensive than ours. "I think your figures are wrong," said the rag, so Robbie found the totals and read them out to him, to which he obviously had no answer.

Then, defending the rags' performance yesterday, he said, "Burnley had the most points in the Championship last season", and of course, both Sav and Fletch shot him down in flames, "No, Leicester won the Championship".

Their stupidity doesn't decrease, despite the results.

I too heard it driving home from the match. What a knobhead, he would not admit to being wrong at all

mosssideblue said:
Vienna_70 said:
Did anyone hear the idiot rag on 606 last night, who claimed we bought the title?

Savage told him that the rags' squad is more expensive than ours. "I think your figures are wrong," said the rag, so Robbie found the totals and read them out to him, to which he obviously had no answer.

Then, defending the rags' performance yesterday, he said, "Burnley had the most points in the Championship last season", and of course, both Sav and Fletch shot him down in flames, "No, Leicester won the Championship".

I too heard it driving home from the match. What a knobhead, he would not admit to being wrong at all
It's the kind of shit we all have to put up with on a daily basis. Whether it's in the office, on a building site, shop floor etc just ill informed rubbish from rags who don't have a clue about football but are all loud mouths who think their opinions are actually worth something. Funny as fuck to seem them get proved wrong but they are generally too stupid to realize their mistake.

mosssideblue said:
Vienna_70 said:

I heeard it too and thought he was a fool. When Robbiee told him the figures he went silent for a few senconds and then started stammering about "but over what period of time is that ??" Robbie laughed - "thast the CURRENT value of the squad" he tried to explain. "But but but" the rag complained "it depends over how long a period that the squad was assembled ". What a cock - just did not get it or would not accept it.

Besides, the rag squad was assembled over a longer period and using the rag warped logic that would acutally be more expensive taking into account inflation - especially transfer fee inflation. Everbody laughed at the rag "Good Night" !

Bizarre signing by them, no? 20m on a Falcao loan when their defence is truly shocking?

I suppose they've got a lot of players to get back from injury but they must be all in on making the CL this season. If they fail they could be finished.

Castiel said:
Bizarre signing by them, no? 20m on a Falcao loan when their defence is truly shocking?

I suppose they've got a lot of players to get back from injury but they must be all in on making the CL this season. If they fail they could be finished.
Plenty of our own have wanted Falcao, but not me at the kind of money being quoted. Having just come back from a serious injury, it's going to take time to get him fit for Premier League action, and if the rags are willing to pay out this money for a one year loan, then more fool them!

Think this is how the Tactical Turtle will be setting them up once everyone's fit

BwcD8f2IEAAUB-g.png

BBC says 6 million loan with a 43 million fee end of the season so 49 million + wages in total. Probably get some back from getting rid of Wellbeck + Co.
Great player, good signing for them but again not really whats needed with Rooney and RVP already there.
But again showing how much they are throwing at their problems

Financial 'fair' play seems to be working. Fire sale at city while Utd spend unprecedented amount of wonga (without buying success or ruining football apparently).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.