United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've taken this view of events from all over the place, using other people's ideas, can't give evidence which isn't circumstantial and can't even acknowledge sources, but the interpretation which emerges does resolve one or two problems.

To start with, Falcao was going to Madrid, but he failed the medical and the deal was off. This explains the deleted tweet announcing his transfer to Spain. City were offered a deal, a loan with optional purchase next August, but soon discovered the failed medical and pulled out of any talks for a permanent transfer yesterday afternoon and for a loan later in the day. I don't know when United were approached - at the same time as us, or later, when hopes of a deal with City faded - but they were interested. City had been approached by Valencia about Negredo, but this has nothing to do with a deal for Falcao; City have problems with a player not returning from injury until the end of October and who is favourite to be left out of the CL squad. His wife has not settled in England, so a loan would solve our immediate problems and give a year's grace. Anyway, United were not prepared to do a deal for Falcao's permanent transfer, but did want a loan. Whether this is because there are real concerns over RvP's condition or because Welbeck and Hernandes are going (and aren't good enough anyway!) is impossible to say.

Hence, it is hardly the transfer equivalent of the shoot out at the OK coral but it would suggest that City are a lot more on the ball than many on here give them credit for and that United are making strides to rebuild the team, but that the process will have to involve a great deal more than using their "name, history and tradition" to attract all those who "just listen to the little boy inside" and join "the team they grew up supporting",

Matty said:
Quote from the BBC Website:-

Ian Stirling, vice-chair of the Manchester United Supporters' Trust - 'When Falcao is turning down other clubs to come to us, you have to feel good about it. United are still a great attraction for players even though we are not in the Champions League this season.'

I'm sorry, who exactly has he turned down?

Another sly dig at City when, as seems most likely, it was City who turned down the opportunity to sign Falcao, as we felt he was over priced for a 28 year old with a dodgy knee.

We're the ones who are apparently bitter and obsessed yet they can't even be happy they've signed a World Class talent without making some kind of snide comment.

Nothing clever at all in paying sky high wages and inflated transfer fees. The wages on offer and probably lack of offers elsewhere is why he has chosen Utd, nothing else. I saw a report saying Woodhouse or what ever he is called has gone for zero to hero in a week but anyone with money can throw it at a problem and its not something to brag about. Desperation more likely the way they have been acting the last 2 year

edmsq7b.gif

It reminds me of a few championship manager games I've played. Just panic buying for the sake of it. Why aren't they in for someone like Vlaar who they actually could do with. I'm glad Hernandez has gone, very under rated player IMO

They should outscore few teams now. Still have to fix midfield and we'll see how their defence will be with new additions.

They surely improved this summer but that's what 300 mil. EUR and counting, and FFP does for you. As long as FFP is in charge and they don't miss 3-4 CL's in a row, it's impossible for them to not be around top for long, they just have too big financial advantage over others.

manimanc said:
Pell said:
I find their scatter gun transfer "policy" quite amusing to be honest.
The new United way.... Apparently.
Is Falcao a centre half or a midfielder?

They have goal scorers, the weaknesses are in defence and midfield. If you built a team around Rooney or van Persie, they would get a very decent return. All the potential starting 11's I've seen from United fans look the most disjointed, unbalanced teams I've ever seen. Any team worth its salt would rip through them like a hot knife through butter. All the ego's wanting to play in their proper position, a few are going to be left disappointed, van Persie complained last season about players in his space. Add in big ego, high maintenance manager, and it could be a disaster.

I haven't seen Falcao play since he was injured, but I know he has played a couple of times and bagged a couple of goals.

It's a risky deal.

I'd have thought a forward line of RVP, Rooney, Hernandez and Welbeck was more than good enough. They walked the League a couple of years ago with that forward line so I don't agree that they needed replacing. It's the rest of the team that has been allowed to decay, and yet they have not addressed the biggest problem areas in their squad despite breaking transfer spending records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.