United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
CityFan94 said:
Val Gaal has looked like a total idiot so far this season and especially yesterday.

Going away from home and playing 3 strikers?

Taking on attacking players like Januzaj and Mata instead of Fletcher and Shaw to see out a game?

Rojo (who really struggled) ahead of Shaw (one of the best left backs in the league) at left back?

After talking so much about a back 3, why didn't Van Gaal switch to that yesterday to see out the game? Bring on Shaw for RVP - back 3 of Smalling, Blackett and Rojo with Rafael and Shaw wing backs. Surely that's more solid than a back four with both full backs flying forward, horribly exposing two very average centre backs.

Yesterday's result was all about Van Gaal struggling to adapt to this league and making very poor tactical decisions.

I wouldn't post like this again..............you might get offered the next managers job at the swamp

As amusing as it was to see them go 3-1 up and then see Leicester give the fans the five goals they sung for I am a little worried. Worried that after such shocking results already steps are being taken to recruit players at the back. On paper it isn't a bad team at all. I don't expect them to do too much this season based on what they've offered so far but given time to click and with decent defenders they could be good again?

Somebody reassure me they won't

I heard Rojo had the grace of a stallion
<a class="postlink" href="http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/3940807/horse-ball-o.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/394080 ... ball-o.gif</a>

StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
As amusing as it was to see them go 3-1 up and then see Leicester give the fans the five goals they sung for I am a little worried. Worried that after such shocking results already steps are being taken to recruit players at the back. On paper it isn't a bad team at all. I don't expect them to do too much this season based on what they've offered so far but given time to click and with decent defenders they could be good again?

Somebody reassure me they won't
On paper, it is a bad team, if you can even call it a team. It looks like the sort of team you'd put together on an old FIFA game, just putting strikers everywhere, with no need for defenders or even players that know what defending is. No fullbacks, completely unbalanced midfield and no CB's or even a holding midfielder. Hilariously poorly put together squad.

Funniest thing Van Gaal said was that the reason they lost was that the players were a trying to score instead of defending... well that's what happens when you sign nothing but forwards and neglect your championship-standard defence you fucking muppet!

dario2739 said:
Funniest thing Van Gaal said was that the reason they lost was that the players were a trying to score instead of defending... well that's what happens when you sign nothing but forwards and neglect your championship-standard defence you fucking muppet!

just what slur said when we put 6 (six) past them, it must be written in the MUFC pr bible

Definitely need a centre back, seeing as Rooney played there more than the actual defence did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.