United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry. I can't seem to help myself. It's been so long since we could truly laugh at the scum.

<a class="postlink" href="http://1liesalot.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/proof-i-am-united-fan-this-is-from-my.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://1liesalot.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09 ... om-my.html</a>

citykev28 said:
Chris in London said:
Out of interest, is there anybody who is not more confident of victory when we play them in November than at any other time in the last 40 years?

Of course, this is the premier league, and on any given day any one team can beat another, we all know that, especially in a Derby match. But does anybody not expect us to win when we play them?

As a result of the '90's, I will never truly be confident against them. I'm scarred for life.
The only time I was ever confident was last year at the swamp. We were flying and the knives were out for Moyes.

DiscoSteve said:
adding absolutely NOTHING to this conversation but the BBC article about needing the £100m to win the title has this as its accompanying photo
_77758507_louis_van_gaal_ryan_giggs_man_utd_ap.jpg

images

BigJoe#1 said:
remember when were signing anything that had a pulse?

Kevin Reeves
Trevor Francis
Steve Daley
Stuart Lee

We were signing anybody and everybody - and look at the fallow years that followed.... will we be seeing the same across town... I think we might just you know. It takes a moment to wreck a good team but years and years of patience to build one.

Did Francis actually have a pulse? A great player but he was in intensive care for most of his time at City. You can add in Bobby Shinton and Bill Williams as well. Despite the brilliant contribution of his early years Malcolm Allison has a lot to answer for. Anyone remember Dragoslav Stepanovic? At the time it was said in all seriousness that he was the only player in the side that actually understood Allison's convoluted tactics but was unfortunately unable to communicate them to the rest of the team on the field because he didn't speak English.

the talisman said:
They keep banging on about how important the injury to Evans is.

Is it just me who thinks he's not good enough? He's a decent player but there's something soft about him. They need a leader, I just don't see that in him.

He's easily there best center back though.

Here's something that just occurred to me; when was the last time Leicester City F.C. outscored Leicester RFU on a weekend fixture? Well done rags!

Kun Aguero said:
the talisman said:

Is it just me who thinks he's not good enough? He's a decent player but there's something soft about him. They need a leader, I just don't see that in him.

Yep. Been saying it all year. Jones is NO centre back and Smalling, well, I question his credentials as a professional footballer full stop.

No6 said:
Kun Aguero said:
the talisman said:

Yep. Been saying it all year. Jones is NO centre back and Smalling, well, I question his credentials as a professional footballer full stop.

Having said that, when Winston Reid and Ryan Shawcross would improve them, then something is rotten in the state of Swampland.

No6 said:
Kun Aguero said:
the talisman said:

I can tell you that even people at United don't rate Jones & Smalling.

Dirty Harry said:
DiscoSteve said:
adding absolutely NOTHING to this conversation but the BBC article about needing the £100m to win the title has this as its accompanying photo
_77758507_louis_van_gaal_ryan_giggs_man_utd_ap.jpg

images

Interesting to reflect on who exactly they have played so far.

This season they have played 6 games, in all competitions, only two of which have been against teams that were premier league teams last season.

The two games against premiership teams (as per last season) have seen them accumulate one point - away at Sunderland (where they won under Moyes). The three games they have played against newly promoted teams have seen them accumulate four points - a 0-0 draw at Burnley, a 4-0 win over the same QPR side that Spurs also beat 4-0 and Sunday's fiasco. The other game was of course against MK Dons.

They are just about to start a run of games against more established premier league teams. Sensible rags should be afraid.

Very afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.