United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris in London said:
Dirty Harry said:
DiscoSteve said:
adding absolutely NOTHING to this conversation but the BBC article about needing the £100m to win the title has this as its accompanying photo
_77758507_louis_van_gaal_ryan_giggs_man_utd_ap.jpg

images

Interesting to reflect on who exactly they have played so far.

This season they have played 6 games, in all competitions, only two of which have been against teams that were premier league teams last season.

The two games against premiership teams (as per last season) have seen them accumulate one point - away at Sunderland (where they won under Moyes). The three games they have played against newly promoted teams have seen them accumulate four points - a 0-0 draw at Burnley, a 4-0 win over the same QPR side that Spurs also beat 4-0 and Sunday's fiasco. The other game was of course against MK Dons.

They are just about to start a run of games against more established premier league teams. Sensible rags should be afraid.

Very afraid.

Oxymoron alert! Oxymoron alert!

Someone tried this one on me today. Van Gaal always starts out poor at his teams be cause he gets a better understanding that way.

No6 said:
Kun Aguero said:
the talisman said:
They keep banging on about how important the injury to Evans is.

Is it just me who thinks he's not good enough? He's a decent player but there's something soft about him. They need a leader, I just don't see that in him.

He's easily there best center back though.

Yep. Been saying it all year. Jones is NO centre back and Smalling, well, I question his credentials as a professional footballer full stop.

Agreed....shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football pitch let alone the England squad

Chris in London said:
Dirty Harry said:
DiscoSteve said:
adding absolutely NOTHING to this conversation but the BBC article about needing the £100m to win the title has this as its accompanying photo
_77758507_louis_van_gaal_ryan_giggs_man_utd_ap.jpg

images

This season they have played 6 games, in all competitions, only two of which have been against teams that were premier league teams last season.

The two games against premiership teams (as per last season) have seen them accumulate one point - away at Sunderland (where they won under Moyes). The three games they have played against newly promoted teams have seen them accumulate four points - a 0-0 draw at Burnley, a 4-0 win over the same QPR side that Spurs also beat 4-0 and Sunday's fiasco. The other game was of course against MK Dons.

They are just about to start a run of games against more established premier league teams. Sensible rags should be afraid.

Very afraid.
Based on this, I can only conclude that they're getting relegated.

ianw16 said:
Chris in London said:
Dirty Harry said:

Very afraid.

Oxymoron alert! Oxymoron alert!
Yeah funny, I also thought that. It's right up there with 'friendly fire' and 'police intelligence'. ;-)

keith's curle said:
What odds are being quoted for LVG getting the sack as soon as its mathmatically impossible for them to get CL and they can get rid on the (relatively) cheap?

I'm sure the bookies must be onto this by now.

A few Rags I know are starting to have serious doubts about him, they think there is something not quite right, may be the task he has taken on is a bit too much for him the bizarre statements and slagging players off certainty does not sit right with them

squirtyflower said:
Bluewonder said:
denislawsbackheel said:
Try other papers.
The Telegraph has done a hatchet job on the scum today, including what LVG has said.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/rooney-not-spectacular-striker-van-gaal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/rooney- ... r-van-gaal</a>

Here's one from Four Four Two.

Surely that has to be a spoof article?

Nope
Virtually identical to the Telegraph.

Ducado said:
keith's curle said:
What odds are being quoted for LVG getting the sack as soon as its mathmatically impossible for them to get CL and they can get rid on the (relatively) cheap?

I'm sure the bookies must be onto this by now.

A few Rags I know are starting to have serious doubts about him, they think there is something not quite right, may be the task he has taken on is a bit too much for him the bizarre statements and slagging players off certainty does not sit right with them

Refer them to the speech about leadership by the City executive who gave LVG as an exemplar of a shit leadership style.

In the grand scheme of things Leicester might have had a big impact on the Rags season. Of course against quality their frailties will be exposed, but if they pushed on at 3-1 it could've gone a long way to installing the press pushed 'fear factor' they beat a poor QPR and the following weekend were dubbed by sky as the new gallacticos, and by the bbc as the rejuvenated and revitalized united. The press certainly push them and a big win on Sunday they'd have been in over drive. Well done Leicester.

denislawsbackheel said:
squirtyflower said:
Bluewonder said:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/rooney-not-spectacular-striker-van-gaal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/rooney- ... r-van-gaal</a>

Here's one from Four Four Two.

Surely that has to be a spoof article?

Nope
Virtually identical to the Telegraph.
a pretty damning assessment of £64 million worth of talent and England's finest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.