United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
mat said:
Tuearts right boot said:
The common denominator is the carpet chested love rat. No two managers can be this shite on their own, shirly.
Indeed.

That man of honour is probably feeding the press all the fighting to get his job back. Sir Bryan Riggs manager of the worlds greatest club(TM). It is destined....

My thinking exactly. Lets be honest, hes had a few years practice at underhand shennagins

Tuearts right boot said:
mat said:
Tuearts right boot said:
The common denominator is the carpet chested love rat. No two managers can be this shite on their own, shirly.
Indeed.

That man of honour is probably feeding the press all the fighting to get his job back. Sir Bryan Riggs manager of the worlds greatest club(TM). It is destined....

My thinking exactly. Lets be honest, hes had a few years practice at underhand shennagins
It's obvious all the LVG stuff is being leaked and to me he's number one suspect.

TGR said:
BigOscar said:
Apparently Tyler Blackett is going to be called up to the next england squad. No joke.

And that would just about sum up Hodgson & the England set up in its entirety.
A complete piss take of the extreme.
it will depend on who is Blackett's agent

if he's tied to woy then he'll be picked as woy gets a backander

TGR said:
BigOscar said:
Apparently Tyler Blackett is going to be called up to the next england squad. No joke.

Ive said before, a mate who is a season ticket holder at Birmingham, said he struggled for them last season, Emyr Hughes was much better for them, he is shocked he's anywhere near a scum side, let alone England.

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
TGR said:
BigOscar said:

Ive said before, a mate who is a season ticket holder at Birmingham, said he struggled for them last season, Emyr Hughes was much better for them, he is shocked he's anywhere near a scum side, let alone England.

Get him on, get him capped and get top dollar when he's sold off. It's worked well enough before. Is Hodgson on a bit is a sticky wicket, here? I mean, if he doesn't cap him, is there a danger of losing Blackett to, I dunno, Ireland for example? If so, imagine the flack he'd get should the kid astonish us all and develop into the next Paul McGrath, while Roy ignored him despite him being first choice for the greatest team in the world ™.

As for Blackett, he reminds me of our Micah at his very, very worst. Caught out of position with alarming regularity and dependent upon his pace to make amends. That said, I haven't yet seen any hint from Blacett of the aerial dominance or forward threat that Micah promised at that age.

I'm trying my hardest to fight the overwhelming urge of wishful thinking when it comes to united, but I'm slowly, cautiously, edging towards the conclusion that there is a cancer running through the very heart of that club which is going to require a great deal more than a £200 million sticking plaster to put it in any meaningful form of remission.

It all, like so much that went before it, would have its source in Ferguson, his incredible record of success, and the ability that gave him to call the shots about how that club was ran and centred around him.

Commercially savvy owners were content to leave operational footballing matters to him, knowing that Gill was there to act as some form of counterweight to Taggart's more emotive moments and urges. When any of us have a period of success we start, to some extent, to believe our own publicity. Doubtless fueled by years of commercial and footballing imperiousness the Glazers, who it should be remembered wouldn't own the club if it hadn't been for Ferguson's naked greed and arrogance, must have started to believe all the crap they'd done so much to disseminate and Taggart had done to encourage, about united being different from other clubs.

Instead of engaging in proper succession planning, like any proficient businessmen, they allowed Taggart engage in some ego-induced parody of a succession, played out on the old trafford pitch as the world watched on. What a fucking unmitigated disaster that turned out to be.

Instead of finding a successor to Gill with sufficient gravitas to run such a sporting behemoth they made the mistake of appointing a yes man who appears so out of his depth it defies belief. He has all the presence of a gym-equipment salesman from Watford. Doubtless Ferguson recommended him to the Glazers for the job.

Then there's the ubiquitous 'Class of '92' hanging round the place like a group of punch-drunk boxers at the end of the bar looking for the next punter to tell a war story to. They are all there, not because of any other reason than they made Taggart feel good about himself: his finest hour and all that.

All this has come to pass because of Ferguson. A cocktail of horse-spunk, a......errrr..... massive ego and a level of self-absorption that meant that planning for a time after he left the club was the last thing on his mind, even when he'd decided to go.

And when he went the sand the theatre was built upon started, bit by bit, to fall away.

Thankfully the foundations that our owners are building our football club on are made of bedrock. Never centred around one man, even Sheikh Mansour.

Read it and weep raggys. Happy 5-1 day :-)

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I'm trying my hardest to fight the overwhelming urge of wishful thinking when it comes to united, but I'm slowly, cautiously, edging towards the conclusion that there is a cancer running through the very heart of that club which is going to require a great deal more than a £200 million sticking plaster to put it in any meaningful form of remission.

It all, like so much that went before it, would have its source in Ferguson, his incredible record of success, and the ability that gave him to call the shots about how that club was ran and centred around him.

Commercially savvy owners were content to leave operational footballing matters to him, knowing that Gill was there to act as some form of counterweight to Taggart's more emotive moments and urges. When any of us have a period of success we start, to some extent, to believe our own publicity. Doubtless fueled by years of commercial and footballing imperiousness the Glazers, who it should be remembered wouldn't own the club if it hadn't been for Ferguson's naked greed and arrogance, must have started to believe all the crap they'd done so much to disseminate and Taggart had done to encourage, about united being different from other clubs.

Instead of engaging in proper succession planning, like any proficient businessmen, they allowed Taggart engage in some ego-induced parody of a succession, played out on the old trafford pitch as the world watched on. What a fucking unmitigated disaster that turned out to be.

Instead of finding a successor to Gill with sufficient gravitas to run such a sporting behemoth they made the mistake of appointing a yes man who appears so out of his depth it defies belief. He has all the presence of a gym-equipment salesman from Watford. Doubtless Ferguson recommended him to the Glazers for the job.

Then there's the ubiquitous 'Class of '92' hanging round the place like a group of punch-drunk boxers at the end of the bar looking for the next punter to tell a war story to. They are all there, not because of any other reason than they made Taggart feel good about himself: his finest hour and all that.

All this has come to pass because of Ferguson. A cocktail of horse-spunk, a......errrr..... massive ego and a level of self-absorption that meant that planning for a time after he left the club was the last thing on his mind, even when he'd decided to go.

And when he went the sand the theatre was built upon started, bit by bit, to fall away.

Thankfully the foundations that our owners are building our football club on are made of bedrock. Never centred around one man, even Sheikh Mansour.

Read it and weep raggys. Happy 5-1 day :-)
Couldn't have put it better myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.