Not open for further replies.
Great comedy duos

laurel+%26+hardy.jpg

article-1059710-045FAE090000044D-416_468x380.jpg

two-ronnies.png

morecambeandwise2.jpg

437796_heroa.jpg

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I'm trying my hardest to fight the overwhelming urge of wishful thinking when it comes to united, but I'm slowly, cautiously, edging towards the conclusion that there is a cancer running through the very heart of that club which is going to require a great deal more than a £200 million sticking plaster to put it in any meaningful form of remission.

It all, like so much that went before it, would have its source in Ferguson, his incredible record of success, and the ability that gave him to call the shots about how that club was ran and centred around him.

Commercially savvy owners were content to leave operational footballing matters to him, knowing that Gill was there to act as some form of counterweight to Taggart's more emotive moments and urges. When any of us have a period of success we start, to some extent, to believe our own publicity. Doubtless fueled by years of commercial and footballing imperiousness the Glazers, who it should be remembered wouldn't own the club if it hadn't been for Ferguson's naked greed and arrogance, must have started to believe all the crap they'd done so much to disseminate and Taggart had done to encourage, about united being different from other clubs.

Instead of engaging in proper succession planning, like any proficient businessmen, they allowed Taggart engage in some ego-induced parody of a succession, played out on the old trafford pitch as the world watched on. What a fucking unmitigated disaster that turned out to be.

Instead of finding a successor to Gill with sufficient gravitas to run such a sporting behemoth they made the mistake of appointing a yes man who appears so out of his depth it defies belief. He has all the presence of a gym-equipment salesman from Watford. Doubtless Ferguson recommended him to the Glazers for the job.

Then there's the ubiquitous 'Class of '92' hanging round the place like a group of punch-drunk boxers at the end of the bar looking for the next punter to tell a war story to. They are all there, not because of any other reason than they made Taggart feel good about himself: his finest hour and all that.

All this has come to pass because of Ferguson. A cocktail of horse-spunk, a......errrr..... massive ego and a level of self-absorption that meant that planning for a time after he left the club was the last thing on his mind, even when he'd decided to go.

And when he went the sand the theatre was built upon started, bit by bit, to fall away.

Thankfully the foundations that our owners are building our football club on are made of bedrock. Never centred around one man, even Sheikh Mansour.

Read it and weep raggys. Happy 5-1 day :-)

That's as good as it gets GDM. Can't believe Bacon face has been let off so lightly by the scum loving media. Seems it's everybodys fault but his.

I'm trying my hardest to fight the overwhelming urge of wishful thinking when it comes to united, but I'm slowly, cautiously, edging towards the conclusion that there is a cancer running through the very heart of that club which is going to require a great deal more than a £200 million sticking plaster to put it in any meaningful form of remission.

It all, like so much that went before it, would have its source in Ferguson, his incredible record of success, and the ability that gave him to call the shots about how that club was ran and centred around him.

Commercially savvy owners were content to leave operational footballing matters to him, knowing that Gill was there to act as some form of counterweight to Taggart's more emotive moments and urges. When any of us have a period of success we start, to some extent, to believe our own publicity. Doubtless fueled by years of commercial and footballing imperiousness the Glazers, who it should be remembered wouldn't own the club if it hadn't been for Ferguson's naked greed and arrogance, must have started to believe all the crap they'd done so much to disseminate and Taggart had done to encourage, about united being different from other clubs.

Instead of engaging in proper succession planning, like any proficient businessmen, they allowed Taggart engage in some ego-induced parody of a succession, played out on the old trafford pitch as the world watched on. What a fucking unmitigated disaster that turned out to be.

Instead of finding a successor to Gill with sufficient gravitas to run such a sporting behemoth they made the mistake of appointing a yes man who appears so out of his depth it defies belief. He has all the presence of a gym-equipment salesman from Watford. Doubtless Ferguson recommended him to the Glazers for the job.

Then there's the ubiquitous 'Class of '92' hanging round the place like a group of punch-drunk boxers at the end of the bar looking for the next punter to tell a war story to. They are all there, not because of any other reason than they made Taggart feel good about himself: his finest hour and all that.

All this has come to pass because of Ferguson. A cocktail of horse-spunk, a......errrr..... massive ego and a level of self-absorption that meant that planning for a time after he left the club was the last thing on his mind, even when he'd decided to go.

And when he went the sand the theatre was built upon started, bit by bit, to fall away.

Thankfully the foundations that our owners are building our football club on are made of bedrock. Never centred around one man, even Sheikh Mansour.

GPC became a drug on which they became totally dependent.
He coursed through their veins and gave them that arrogant invincibility that comes with a high.
They've stopped taking the drug now , but the poison is in, it may never actually leave their system altogether.
They are trying managerial methodone with Moyes and turtlehead, but the hit is never going to be the same.
Like most junkies who can't give it up , they will end up in the gutter.
There's a price to pay for all the euphoria .

It's what you get for letting one man run the rule over your club for twenty odd years. He's gone, Gill's gone its left to Woodward now who hasn't a clue about football and Turtle head who can't believe he's walked into a footballing dinosaur of a club in crisis.

Cogent and very insightful comment Mr. G, and yet, and yet...in your opening gambit you almost allude to that hidden angst, that in-built mechanism that makes us question whether they really are for the fucking grave. It's akin to seeing the lottery numbers on your ticket but not quite believing you've struck lucky.

I want them buried. In tears. Tears so bitter and sad that the salt makes them float down Claremont Rd, past Southern Cemetery, where, in an open plot, my rusting shovel piles ton after fucking ton of sand on their cunting heads, whilst they muffle, through the sky blue gags wrapped around their mouths "mmmmmmm, we'll never die, we'll never....." And slowly, the casket is lowered. To the opening bars ..."City, Manchester City, we are the lads who are playing to win....."

And, as the last clod of damp earth is laid ever so gently upon their "glorious" corpse...a solitary piper marches forth and plays.. "it's not so much about what they've lost, it's not perhaps even so much about how they have lost it, above all it's about WHO they have lost it to."

TGR said:
BigOscar said:
Apparently Tyler Blackett is going to be called up to the next england squad. No joke.

And that would just about sum up Hodgson & the England set up in its entirety.
A complete piss take of the extreme.

I don't gamble now days but I will make an exception to this one. Anyone that believes Tyler Blackett will be called up for the next England squad give me a private message - will wager with you he won't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.