United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
MCC said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
BloodRed-UTD said:
I only asked a question so that i can get an opinion from city fans...nothing wrong with that ..like I said and keep saying ..I came here to talk about football ..not Defend myself

Quite frankly, you are facing an uphill struggle to engage with City fans in the manner you desire.

To explain why, perhaps i should I give you a history lesson. Don't worry it's free.

For many years City and united fans co-existed in a state of relative harmony. My dad, a united fan, like so many others of his generation, used to go to old trafford one week and Maine Road the next. Even in the late sixties when both clubs were collecting trophies there was still an air of mutual respect.

What changed? Two things in all probability. One was a cultural shift in the way football support was carried out, but I expect City 'relegating' united in 1974 tipped a lot of reds over the edge.

From that point their attitude to a City discernibly changed and became palpably more nasty and small time.

When we were relegated against Luton at Maine Road in 1983, the numbers in the away end were swollen by several hundred united fans. Something I am certain blues wouldn't have reciprocated if the boot was on the other foot. Following that relegation City went into long term decline, but rather an arrest the vindictiveness of united fans towards our club, it seemed to heighten it. They started to mock and deride our club with increasing viciousness, accentuated no doubt, by the increasing number of non-Mancunians that were stating to attach themselves limpit-like to that club as its success continued.

And then there was that banner. A material embodiment of this prevailing contempt that was displayed above the players' tunnel at old trafford and worst of all, endorsed by the club - whenever there was a concert it was taken down and put back up afterwards. It served to signify a view held across all levels at that club - from owners through to management and supporters that we were an enduring source of mirth to them. It wasn't just the banner of course, it was also the way that we were frequently talked about by senior officials at the club - who, it should be remembered, conspicuously forgot the benevolence that our club extended to them before and after the Second World War.

And they thought it would carry on Iike that forever. An arrangement where they would always have someone to deride.

And then everything changed. Be it by luck, happenstance or serendipity, but the footballing world turned on its head.

When the kid who gets bullied at school gets a good job and the model girlfriend that goes with it, what do you expect him to do at the school reunion? Sit meekly in the corner - or to go up to those who teased him and say "fuck you"?

I know what I'd be doing.

united_banner_1897690c.jpg

Never forget.

Here endeth the lesson.

Outstanding. That needs sending on to the players so that when they are 5 goals up they don't take their foots off the fuckers throats.

Or at least to Pellegrini, as he's the one who dictates tactics.

In answer to the Utd threw the league away shite,according to Ferguson they've never gone out to play for a draw,but Mythchester Utd came to the Etihad on that Monday night and absolutely shit themselves,scared to cross the halfway line,if they'd gone for the win they'd probably have got the draw they needed,they didn't throw anything away,they bottled it big time and the fact it was against us made it that bit sweeter

The mods should change his name to blood clot. Or seeing as he claims to be from the Caribbean, perhaps bumbaclot would be more appropriate

BloodRed-UTD said:
I hear what you're saying but those are your own problems with united fans not mine..I'm not a psychiatrist I can't help you with that

Why would I want help with it? The fact you've suggested that I would means you don't seem to understand what it is to be a fanny.

Edited for accuracy, GDM.

BloodRed-UTD said:
Quite frankly, you are facing an uphill struggle to engage with City fans in the manner you desire.

To explain why, perhaps i should I give you a history lesson. Don't worry it's free.

For many years City and united fans co-existed in a state of relative harmony. My dad, a united fan, like so many others of his generation, used to go to old trafford one week and Maine Road the next. Even in the late sixties when both clubs were collecting trophies there was still an air of mutual respect.

What changed? Two things in all probability. One was a cultural shift in the way football support was carried out, but I expect City 'relegating' united in 1974 tipped a lot of reds over the edge.

From that point their attitude to a City discernibly changed and became palpably more nasty and small time.

When we were relegated against Luton at Maine Road in 1983, the numbers in the away end were swollen by several hundred united fans. Something I am certain blues wouldn't have reciprocated if the boot was on the other foot. Following that relegation City went into long term decline, but rather an arrest the vindictiveness of united fans towards our club, it seemed to heighten it. They started to mock and deride our club with increasing viciousness, accentuated no doubt, by the increasing number of non-Mancunians that were stating to attach themselves limpit-like to that club as its success continued.

And then there was that banner. A material embodiment of this prevailing contempt that was displayed above the players' tunnel at old trafford and worst of all, endorsed by the club - whenever there was a concert it was taken down and put back up afterwards. It served to signify a view held across all levels at that club - from owners through to management and supporters that we were an enduring source of mirth to them. It wasn't just the banner of course, it was also the way that we were frequently talked about by senior officials at the club - who, it should be remembered, conspicuously forgot the benevolence that our club extended to them before and after the Second World War.

And they thought it would carry on Iike that forever. An arrangement where they would always have someone to deride.

And then everything changed. Be it by luck, happenstance or serendipity, but the footballing world turned on its head.

When the kid who gets bullied at school gets a good job and the model girlfriend that goes with it, what do you expect him to do at the school reunion? Sit meekly in the corner - or to go up to those who teased him and say "fuck you"?

Never forget.

Here endeth the lesson.

I hear what you're saying but those are your own problems with united fans not mine..I'm not a psychiatrist I can't help you with that
Why would I want help with it? The fact you've suggested that I would means you don't seem to understand what it is to be a football fan.

Look I didn't come here to engage in emotional warfare..or what united fans have done to you in the past ..I came here to talk about football..I know city fans hate united but that doesn't hold water with me..I'll still expect a sensible opinion from you guys with regards to football players,teams,managers etc

BloodRed-UTD said:
I only asked a question so that i can get an opinion from city fans...nothing wrong with that ..like I said and keep saying ..I came here to talk about football ..not Defend myself

Never forget.

Here endeth the lesson.

GDM at his finest and in full flow is a sight to behold.

erast fandorin said:
In answer to the Utd threw the league away shite,according to Ferguson they've never gone out to play for a draw,but Mythchester Utd came to the Etihad on that Monday night and absolutely shit themselves,scared to cross the halfway line,if they'd gone for the win they'd probably have got the draw they needed,they didn't throw anything away,they bottled it big time and the fact it was against us made it that bit sweeter

Absolutely. Complete bottle job by Bacon Face.

erast fandorin said:

Don't hold on to the past..

BloodRed-UTD said:
erast fandorin said:

Oh the irony!

BloodRed-UTD said:
erast fandorin said:

You have the past.
We have the future and you know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.