United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
OS on Sadcafe posted "The race for 4th"
One response stood out, although there are feckin many like it

i think its there for the taking. We have shown signs of being a really good team lately and in a way its a shame that we couldnt have had our supposed 'easy' start of fixtures swapped with the fixtures we currently embark on. That being said we have Palace at home and then Arsenal away. I expect us to win both games and go on a bit of a run.
I am absolutley convinced that from this point to the end of the season we can average between 2.3 and 2.5 points per game which is champions for and will be more than enough to qualify for ECL.
I also have a feeling that some unfortunate team is going to be absolutley blitzed by us before xmas where we score atleast 6 goals.

Im an optimist.

Now, from their opening easy fixtures, they have assembled a mighty 13 points. Going into a tough run of games now, how can averaging 2.3 - 2.5 points per match be considered possible?

Now that they nearly scraped a point against us, the world is their oyster. Muppets, the lot of them

Can you imagine the tears that will flow if they dont beat Palace.

Jeez, over on Redcafe they think top 4 is there for the taking and many believe they are going to get third !!!!!!!!!!

They already have to pull back a 9 point defecit to Southampton, if they lose to them then they are in the shit, 12 points is a big ask even at this stage of the season.

myself i think they will get 6th or possibly 5th,

Most seasons they say you need 70 points to get 4th place, they have 13 and so need another 57, there are 28 games left and so need an average of just over 2 points a game. in other words they can only drop a maximum of 27 points. considering they have dropped 17 points in the first 10 games it already looks a big ask.

abu13 said:
Jeez, over on Redcafe they think top 4 is there for the taking and many believe they are going to get third !!!!!!!!!!

They already have to pull back a 9 point defecit to Southampton, if they lose to them then they are in the shit, 12 points is a big ask even at this stage of the season.

Tbf i'd say they were favs for 4th, they are lucky that the dippers are dogshit & so are the spuds.....

The cookie monster said:
abu13 said:

Tbf i'd say they were favs for 4th tbh, they are lucky that the dippers are dogshit & so are the spuds.....

They really believe that the plucky display they put on against us in the last 15 mins means they have turned "another" corner and the rest of the league should be shit scared.

Let them think and believe this nonsense. One or two more losses in the near future will have sadcafe in meltdown.

Lovin it!

I think their sugar coating of Sunday is very pathetic. They generally think they were the 'real winners' and we have nothing to celebrate. 15 minutes out of 90 they played well cause we took Aguero and Milner off. Statistically we were better, we scored more goals than they did (which is the whole point of football). During the game i was bewildered why we wasnt smashing them after we scored but soon as the final whistle went i couldnt be happier.

For all their "yeah but we played better in the last 15 mins", they couldnt score and their best player is probably only just getting out of Clichys back pocket. Typical delusional, bitter idoits.

Sky splurts Is still playing nonstop re-runs of yooniteds days when they would win a game every now and then, been pretty constant for the last 2 days. Definitely trying to convince themselves good times are round the corner, they must be really suffering, bless!

waspish said:
I reckon under 70 points will get 4th this season the standard has dropped

Think they might scrape 4th as Liverpool look shit as do spurs unless Southampton carry on as they are or Everton go on a good run they'll get it!

uwe rosler 28 said:
waspish said:
I reckon under 70 points will get 4th this season the standard has dropped

Think they might scrape 4th as Liverpool look shit as do spurs unless Southampton carry on as they are or Everton go on a good run they'll get it!

Hmmm, not so sure myself. Despite the context of everyone else making it easy for them by also being rubbish, I think there are a lot more deeper issues than anyone has yet realised. With sudden major regime change comes a power vacuum and instability as the remaining parties vie to establish themselves. When those regimes were so dependent on a despotic cult of personality (fell free to embolden/amend/insert your own pun here) such as a Saddam Hussein or a baconface, then once those figures are no longer in control, it presents an opportunity for personal self-interests to drive decisions which are often to the detriment of the greater good of the organism.

The current players we have in this charade are:
- Headwood wood wood who has a lot of reputation to make up for after the farces of the Moyes era and looks like he quite fancies himself as being one of 'the faces'.
- Mr Prehistoric; a relic of the past who turned up for one last wheeze but now living on borrowed time who promised much and spent a lot more yet has already u-turned on most of his early statements and is already so aghast at the limitations of his squad that he is implementing a damage-limitation hit and run Pulis-style approach. Fortunately for him it caught many by surprise at the world cup as he had star man Arjen Robben; unfortunately for the rags the premier league is a different proposition where gimmickry is quickly found out.
- Family Man who has recently been relegated from prodigal son to spurned stepson. Though he failed when given his chance, he won't be pushed out nor let that deny him what he feels is his right to the legacy.
- The Glazer gang - they want their money back and one way or another, they're gonna get it!
- The haunting spectre of baconface - in denial of the fact that the best thing for the rags to do will be to forget about him in order to adjust their expectations, he will take every opportunity to ensure that his presence remains and that his reputation remains intact - in the process stirring up more blame which needs a place to land.

Add to this the crushingly urgent forces of commercial expectation to whence the soul of the club was long ago enslaved and you have a veritable crucible of tumult and unrest. As the immediate splurge is shown to have been misplaced and the 'trajectory' shows no significant signs of improvement, there will be an almighty struggle between those who want to wait and see, those who demand yet more, major change at the top, and those who think they have no option but to keep going all in at the risk of losing it all. On this last point, there are some who believe that the rags were so blinded by our emergence that they may have already made the mistakes that sealed their fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.