United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
gordondaviesmoustache said:
BigOscar said:
oman0115 said:
Interesting take on the Di Maria move on Sunday supplement, 'it is a lot of money but it's just what you pay nowadays' not a hint of criticising them for over floating the market! Hypocritical somewhat.
Weirdly, despite it being "what you pay nowadays", it's by far the record transfer in this country, massively more than anything other than the bizarre Torres deal. It's almost like it's a complete lie...
Number of times City have been involved in a deal to break the British transfer record: 3
Number of times united have been involved in a deal to break the British transfer record: 9

None of those deals could be described as 'following the market', as such, by definition.

If united sign Di Maria and utterly smash the transfer fee record spent by a British club, to describe it along those terms is utterly dishonest or stupid.

It always made me chuckle when Taggart used to moan about 'no value in the market' after accepting £80 million for Ronaldo, like his club was somehow extraneous to the process relating to the price of footballers around that time

Would those three be: Steve Daley, Robinho, and Sergio Agüero?

This signing is United's second major mistake in recent years along with the appointment of Moyes. Di Maria is over-rated and has never been first choice for Real Madrid (despite his good performances in this year's CL). He was appalling against us, like a headless chicken. It's amazing how these players become over-hyped as clubs become more and more desperate. He is not suited to the premier league. I have no doubt he will produce some great performances, especially against weaker teams but he is inconsistent and will not cope with the physical demands of our game. Much as I hate Mourhinho, his judgement on Di Maria (ie he didn't rate him) will prove to be correct. The rags have certainly knocked us off our perch as the leading comedy club in English football. Long may it last.

Vienna_70 said:
BigOscar said:
Weirdly, despite it being "what you pay nowadays", it's by far the record transfer in this country, massively more than anything other than the bizarre Torres deal. It's almost like it's a complete lie...
Number of times City have been involved in a deal to break the British transfer record: 3
Number of times united have been involved in a deal to break the British transfer record: 9

None of those deals could be described as 'following the market', as such, by definition.

If united sign Di Maria and utterly smash the transfer fee record spent by a British club, to describe it along those terms is utterly dishonest or stupid.

It always made me chuckle when Taggart used to moan about 'no value in the market' after accepting £80 million for Ronaldo, like his club was somehow extraneous to the process relating to the price of footballers around that time

Wasn't Torres signed before Aguero?

Manchester United new boy Rojo could face prison sentence

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/manchester-united-new-boy-rojo-could-face-prison-sentence-30532045.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ ... 32045.html</a>

Manchester United's Marcus Rojo is facing a court hearing for an alleged bottle attack on a neighbour in Argentina.

aguero93:20 said:
Vienna_70 said:

Wasn't Torres signed before Aguero?
I have a feeling that Denis Law was a record signing ( in the days when £55k was a fortune).

bobbyowenquiff said:
This signing is United's second major mistake in recent years along with the appointment of Moyes. Di Maria is over-rated and has never been first choice for Real Madrid (despite his good performances in this year's CL). He was appalling against us, like a headless chicken. It's amazing how these players become over-hyped as clubs become more and more desperate. He is not suited to the premier league. I have no doubt he will produce some great performances, especially against weaker teams but he is inconsistent and will not cope with the physical demands of our game. Much as I hate Mourhinho, his judgement on Di Maria (ie he didn't rate him) will prove to be correct. The rags have certainly knocked us off our perch as the leading comedy club in English football. Long may it last.
Why are you under the impression Mourinho didn't rate him? He signed him and played him week in week out, even though he was playing poorly. He was slammed by the press for the special treatment he gave Di Maria, along with the other members of Mendes's gang.

Hamann Pineapple said:
Manchester United new boy Rojo could face prison sentence

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/manchester-united-new-boy-rojo-could-face-prison-sentence-30532045.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ ... 32045.html</a>

Manchester United's Marcus Rojo is facing a court hearing for an alleged bottle attack on a neighbour in Argentina.

Nah, won't get prison. Community service. Every Saturday morning. In Buenos Aires.

Vienna_70 said:
BigOscar said:

Two out of three Vienna. Not Sergio, but another thorn in united's side (albeit once): Denis Law when we sold him to Torino.

I suspect their spending will not end here given rumours in the press, lining up Vidal De Jong as well. That will certainly imp[rove the spine of their team except for centre back, can't understand why they haven't signed Benatia.

Could have had

DeGayer

Benatia

Vidal

Van Pussie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.