United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
117 M34 said:
IH8MUFC said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Tactical Turtle ""The only reason to give a penalty is when the opponent touches the leg of a player. Van Persie and Young were touched.

Young lifted the ball across the opponent and he was touched by the opponent."

Here's me thinking footy was a contact sport. What are the rags opponents supposed to do ... just let them pass with a "excuse me. Sorry I was in your way"???
Tbf I thought the rvp one was a pen. One player got the ball but the player behind tripped up his right leg. Ref was right behind it. How times change. Back in baconfaces time that would have been 3 pens.

I disagree, if either of them were a pen it was young's
Rvp was clearly taken out from behind. Either way its karma for all of the pens they got over the years for nothing.

mat said:
Vienna_70 said:
nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
I agree about Rooney, they might get the odd goal out of him now but he really is fucked now. Being played constantly since he was 16 by Everton and Utd has burnt the shreaded wheat head out.

And England, of course.

Don't forget England, for whom he has a fantastic record and hasn't stopped scoring since his first cap.

Except for the games against the big teams and in the World Cup.
Will be announced as Engerland captain this week two triggering another pay rise i bet.

Gerrard saying that Weetabix-head is the only genuine candidate for the captaincy. That's right folks, England's world class centre forward who has scored an incredible one goal in three World Cup campaigns, who told England's fans who had travelled across the world to South Africa to support their team that they were a disgrace, who has the morals of an alleycat and a foul mouth to boot (literally) is our only option to restore the nations' pride in it's football teams.

It's no wonder fans are deserting England in their droves.

ancoats said:
Di Maria is a £20million signing at the most

£64million hahahahahahahahahahaha sounds like big ron Atkinson all over again
well done real Madrid you are giving them a spanking hahahahahhaha

U have to laugh. another fucking winger.to play in a team who play with wing backs.
right. so young, nana, zaha , valencia and jizz aren,t gud enough..so we will smash the transfer record to sign another fucking winger. ok yep 64M on maria...the muppet show at the theatre rolls on...LMFHO..

I rarely watch their games but after watching the replay of the Sunderland game it was extraordinary how poor they really are as a team. The standout for me is the lack of pace in the team. They are collectively so slow all over the park that they look like a mid table team, at best.

Their current team is a savage indictment of a policy where they simply assumed that conquest and victory were part of the natural order. It's a bit like an old, fat, corrupt King who loses sight of the kingdom because he is too busy enjoying the spoils and largesse which accompany victory.

The good news for us is that their collapse is so profound that it's hard to imagine them emerging from their downward spiral for quite a few seasons.

Di Maria is not the answer. Their defence and midfield are terrible. If they choose to splash a British record fee on him, then so be it. Di Maria is not going to solve all the other problems.

At the moment we are polar opposites. City has stability, fantastic leadership, the brand being taken around the world etc.

The other mob are simply a shambles, both on and off the field.

I feel they are going to have to use every fvcking penny of that new Adidas sponsorship just to try and catch up with the top four and not just next season.

they have walked into a shit storm of epic proportions regarding their playing squad and the changes off field are even worse they are now on the edge of an abyss and that slippery slope where each new manager brings in his own men and players and the club becomes bloated with players no one wants

and even if you forget the sacking last season of all the backroom staff at the swamp the worst piece of business may turn out Shreks ridiculous and divisive contract, Moyes, achieved so much in such a short time, once again I thank you

jollylescott said:
I rarely watch their games but after watching the replay of the Sunderland game it was extraordinary how poor they really are as a team. The standout for me is the lack of pace in the team. They are collectively so slow all over the park that they look like a mid table team, at best.

Their current team is a savage indictment of a policy where they simply assumed that conquest and victory were part of the natural order. It's a bit like an old, fat, corrupt King who loses sight of the kingdom because he is too busy enjoying the spoils and largesse which accompany victory.

The good news for us is that their collapse is so profound that it's hard to imagine them emerging from their downward spiral for quite a few seasons.

Di Maria is not the answer. Their defence and midfield are terrible. If they choose to splash a British record fee on him, then so be it. Di Maria is not going to solve all the other problems.

At the moment we are polar opposites. City has stability, fantastic leadership, the brand being taken around the world etc.

I too watched it again last night and was amazed how often they all want to take the easy option of a soft short pass rather than try and penetrate. Worst offenders are ther'e so called best strikers in the premier league (Sky pundit view) , who every time they got it central, they fed it out wide. It's as if they are afraid of Tactical Turtle turning on them for disobeying his orders.

I laughed when JizzJaz sent a couple into row z, but then thought good on him, at least he was willing to take a shot.

I've been a blue since early sixties and with my two brothers being reds had to watch as Utd ruled the roost for many a year both domestically and in Europe. In all my time supporting, I can honestly say I have never seen such a poor team. There confidence is shot and if they lose next week, they will be in dire straights for this season already.

Last thing, the poster who thought young should have had a penalty. Wobble your head

Not a prayer are we in for Di Maria. This will be the media putting a spin on things so when he joins united which had been what's happening all along, they can they turn round and say he "snubbed" the champions blah blah blah.

mosssideblue said:
jollylescott said:

I too watched it again last night and was amazed how often they all want to take the easy option of a soft short pass rather than try and penetrate. Worst offenders are ther'e so called best strikers in the premier league (Sky pundit view) , who every time they got it central, they fed it out wide. It's as if they are afraid of Tactical Turtle turning on them for disobeying his orders.

I laughed when JizzJaz sent a couple into row z, but then thought good on him, at least he was willing to take a shot.

I've been a blue since early sixties and with my two brothers being reds had to watch as Utd ruled the roost for many a year both domestically and in Europe. In all my time supporting, I can honestly say I have never seen such a poor team. There confidence is shot and if they lose next week, they will be in dire straights for this season already.

Last thing, the poster who thought young should have had a penalty. Wobble your head

Thats LVG's name sorted then ''Tactical Turtle'' ...........that'll do for me

The have too many number 10s now - maybe we could sign Mata for 10m (just for cover)?

rickmcfc said:
Not a prayer are we in for Di Maria. This will be the media putting a spin on things so when he joins united which had been what's happening all along, they can they turn round and say he "snubbed" the champions blah blah blah.

we definitely asked the question rick, initially as a loan with a guarantee to buy for £40m next summer. also true that di maria wanted to come to us and also true that zabba and Sergio were hoping and had asked city to try and make it happen. fucking FFP as he is one of the few who would certainly add to our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.