United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering here...given the amount of money they're spunking at the moment, if they don't make fourth, is there not a genuine risk that they'll actually be in a degree of trouble? The debt has never been an issue, because they can afford it. But if they don't make Europe, and the overheads are huge and increasing, and the sponsorship deals may drop, then even with the increased TV revenue, that can't be sustainable can it? One thing about United is that they've been a cash cow. Now....well they're playing a risky game. which may or may not work, ok. But risk? United? Wow.

Henkeman said:
Just wondering here...given the amount of money they're spunking at the moment, if they don't make fourth, is there not a genuine risk that they'll actually be in a degree of trouble? The debt has never been an issue, because they can afford it. But if they don't make Europe, and the overheads are huge and increasing, and the sponsorship deals may drop, then even with the increased TV revenue, that can't be sustainable can it? One thing about United is that they've been a cash cow. Now....well they're playing a risky game. which may or may not work, ok. But risk? United? Wow.
I still think they will be ok .
Just signed a massive kit deal with adidas .
The sponsors will bail this joke of a club out .
If they didn't make the top 4 this season and next ,then I think they will be in big trouble .

Re: Rag Interlopers

Ducado said:
We had one lad on a few years back and he was a great lad, knew when not to post appreciated this was a City forum can't remember his username but he was a great poster

We have had great Spuds fans as well on here in fact, to my surprise they have been the best non City fans to post

Viva Ronaldo ?

Laugh my bollock off if we're just in to keep upping the price. Our way of giving Gill a kicking over FFP?

Who remembers when Mata was the massive signing who was going to make all the difference and turn things round? Just like Tia Maria is going to be now.
That didn't work out did it, and it won't again.
He won't make an ounce of difference to that shower of shit, he'll just be dragged down to the same level as the rest of them.
There aren't enough players available of the quality they need to turn things round. And if there were, what top class player would join a mid table club on its way down

How long before we can start the 'sol' campaign

Ctid

baildon blue said:
Henkeman said:
I still think they will be ok .
Just signed a massive kit deal with adidas .
The sponsors will bail this joke of a club out .
If they didn't make the top 4 this season and next ,then I think they will be in big trouble .

They should be. But I've never before questioned their viability. They seem to be taking some risks - in itself quite something.

Eccles Blue said:
bluethrunthru said:
citytill1die84 said:
De Gea

Jones Smalling Rojo

Di Maria Carrick Herrera Mata Shaw

RVP Shrek

Fully fit this would be the best they could put out?

Still shit

what makes me laugh is that we are better than that in every department - even our 2nd choices are better - and we are not the only squad that can say that - 7th beckons again for the SCUM

You really think they'll finish that high? I am more inclined to think they will finish 14th or 15th. ;-)

that's what tommy doc said

#ragsfucked

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
nixmith2 said:
117 M34 said:
I'd guess Mata will drop out, di maria will play more centrally in the hole and it would become more of a 3-4-1-2 with Rafael playing rwb.

IF (and a very big if) they can sign a decent midfielder and centre half, di maria could be a great signing. Imagine if they had -

De gea
Jones Benatia Rojo
Rafael Shaw
Carrick Vidal
Di maria
Rooney RVP

That then becomes a very strong team who will finish top 4 - they just have to spend 150m to get there :)

I'm not worried: Rooney has had his day (about 10 years ago) Carrick too is finished (& slow), Vidal and Benatia wont come, Shaw is too .... English (sorry to say that, but it did appear he went on an Inbewteeners type holiday this summer!) DDG is overrated and VP is also shot... I think they are mid-table at best, maybe even relegation fodder (if only they had qualified for the Europa thingy!)
I agree about Rooney, they might get the odd goal out of him now but he really is fucked now. Being played constantly since he was 16 by Everton and Utd has burnt the shreaded wheat head out.

And England, of course.

Don't forget England, for whom he has a fantastic record and hasn't stopped scoring since his first cap.

Except for the games against the big teams and in the World Cup.

Vienna_70 said:
nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
nixmith2 said:
I'm not worried: Rooney has had his day (about 10 years ago) Carrick too is finished (& slow), Vidal and Benatia wont come, Shaw is too .... English (sorry to say that, but it did appear he went on an Inbewteeners type holiday this summer!) DDG is overrated and VP is also shot... I think they are mid-table at best, maybe even relegation fodder (if only they had qualified for the Europa thingy!)
I agree about Rooney, they might get the odd goal out of him now but he really is fucked now. Being played constantly since he was 16 by Everton and Utd has burnt the shreaded wheat head out.

And England, of course.

Don't forget England, for whom he has a fantastic record and hasn't stopped scoring since his first cap.

Except for the games against the big teams and in the World Cup.
Will be announced as Engerland captain this week two triggering another pay rise i bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.