United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much as it pains me I have to jump to Ferguson's defence. Anyone would think that running a club successfully for 26 years was commonplace.

However he did it, he was a brilliant manager. **** of a person, but to deny his achievements and the place they occupy in football history is utterly one-eyed. It's amazing what football tribalry will do for a man's sense of perspective.

Who gives a shit wot bullshit rag twats in the media think or have been asked to say come derby day they won't be saying fuck all for a few days silence will indeed be golden

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Much as it pains me I have to jump to Ferguson's defence. Anyone would think that running a club successfully for 26 years was commonplace.

However he did it, he was a brilliant manager. c**t of a person, but to deny his achievements and the place they occupy in football history is utterly one-eyed. It's amazing what football tribalry will do for a man's sense of perspective.

I'd say being in one job for 26yrs, when the going is good, is beng in a comfort zone.

I'd say any number of top managers could have stayed there that long and achived what he did.

He managed the richest club in England and dominated, although consistant, its hardly surprising given his moivational(despot) skills

I think its fair to say he should have gone abroad and done it rather than stay put.

He's a glorified Walter Smith in some respects

Blue Hefner said:

However he did it, he was a brilliant manager. c**t of a person, but to deny his achievements and the place they occupy in football history is utterly one-eyed. It's amazing what football tribalry will do for a man's sense of perspective.

I'd say being in one job for 26yrs, when the going is good, is beng in a comfort zone.

I'd say any number of top managers could have stayed there that long and achived what he did.

He managed the richest club in England and dominated, although consistant, its hardly surprising given his moivational(despot) skills

I think its fair to say he should have gone abroad and done it rather than stay put.

If duplicating what he did is so easy, how come no one has ever emulated it any any other leading European club?

Fourth place is being gift wrapped for United. They had such a shit start but none of the other teams have taken advantage.

Blue Hefner said:

If duplicating what he did is so easy, how come no one has ever emulated it any any other leading European club?

Perhaps not many are interested in duplcating it for many reasons also clubs have different owners, chairman, boards etc that have different ideas.

Also, I never said it was easy

Just out of interest, he was there for 26yrs and won, what 12 leagues? How many did Juve, Barca, Real win in that same time whilst changing managers?

He acheved a lot at Utd, no denying that, but I feel he should have gone abroad.

Blue Hefner said:
Blue Hefner said:

Perhaps not many are interested in duplcating it for many reasons also clubs have different owners, chairman, boards etc that have different ideas.

Also, I never said it was easy

Just out of interest, he was there for 26yrs and won, what 12 leagues? How many did Juve, Barca, Real win in that same time whilst changing managers?

He acheved a lot at Utd, no denying that, but I feel he should have gone abroad.
Most things that managers do are motivated by one thing: their ego.

Tell any manager he can build an enduring legacy at a club and he won't be able to resist the temptation. They all dream of becoming a Shankley, a Mercer or a Busby. Men who shaped the destiny and identity of a particular football club. Something to be remembered for when the music stops.

Sarah-Jane Mee on Sky Game of the Day discussing Premier League record scores with Alan Smith after the Southampton match

"Manchester United of course still on top after their famous 9-0 victory over Ipswich"

of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.