United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck LVG. Valdes, whatever people think of him, is a 3 time CL winning keeper on a legendary team. A trophy Tactical Turtle can only dream of winning. He has earned the right not to be thrown in the reserves.
Maybe LVG doesn't rate him. He had a bad injury and hasn't played regularly for along time.

Generally I see that Utd fans are excited by the addition of Darmian, Depay, Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger, but is Di Maria joins RVP and Nani in leaving then their squad is weaker on paper - I say on paper because RVP, Di Maria and Nani weren't first team regulars last season

Maybe LVG doesn't rate him. He had a bad injury and hasn't played regularly for along time.

Generally I see that Utd fans are excited by the addition of Darmian, Depay, Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger, but is Di Maria joins RVP and Nani in leaving then their squad is weaker on paper - I say on paper because RVP, Di Maria and Nani weren't first team regulars last season
Yeah, I see Nani as no great loss. But Di Maria and RVP are proven talents being replaced by unknowns or unprovens. Schweinsteiger is the only proven quality in the bunch they brought in.

And if De Gea leaves whoever replaces him is almost certain to be a downgrade.

Yeah, I see Nani as no great loss. But Di Maria and RVP are proven talents being replaced by unknowns or unprovens. Schweinsteiger is the only proven quality in the bunch they brought in.

And if De Gea leaves whoever replaces him is almost certain to be a downgrade.
Di Maria proved fuck all last season,he was a massive flop

Valdes signing was always a strange one, LVGs comments are also a bit weird. It’s pretty understandable for a player like Valdes to not want to play in youth / reserve games. Why make it public. Why not just say we can’t give him enough game time so we are happy to let him leave for the right price, that would be a sensible comment to make. The whole keeper thing is a bit of a mess for them.

Valdes signing was always a strange one, LVGs comments are also a bit weird. It’s pretty understandable for a player like Valdes to not want to play in youth / reserve games. Why make it public. Why not just say we can’t give him enough game time so we are happy to let him leave for the right price, that would be a sensible comment to make. The whole keeper thing is a bit of a mess for them.

No player is too big for not playing in the reserves. Especially when you're not playing regularly. If anything it would benefited the daft rag.

Of course your right SWP, but Begovic has not gone to Chelsea to be sub for any length of time.
This is the strangest transfer in years to me ,a youngish keeper at the top of his game ,could be no1 at 95% of the clubs in the world ,effectively chooses to retire.from competitive football
Absolute waste of a career,very bizarre transfer

So Van Gal thinking is if say Rooney get injured and when he gets back to playing and Van Gal wants him to play a reserve game first he refuses, is he going to say he is for sale!

I can see the stuffy bastards keeping De Gea after this.

Good. Let them keep him. He's got 12 months left on his contract, and clearly has no intention of signing a new one. Let them keep him for the next season, then see him leave on a free to Real next season (Real will find someone to stand in for a year, they've got Navas, the Costa Rican keeper, and apparently are trying to bring in Kiko Casilla from Espanyol for £6m). That means, rather than bringing in circa £32m they bring in circa £0m, and need to replace the keeper next year anyway. Smacks of the short-termism United have been about of late, and Van Gaal has always been about. He doesn't build teams for the future, his ego means he builds teams to win now, and doesn't care about 3 years down the line, as he'll have left by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.