United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not happy with the style of football at times especially when there's no need to be negative, that's probably one the biggest issues I had with Mourinho's appointment. I knew he would bring trophies and that winning mentality back, but I've always hated how he sets his team's up when the grind is on. hated his Chelsea 04-06 title winning sides for many reasons and one of those was the style of football on display. I've always been a fan of attacking footballing and I am not yet decided on how I feel about Mourinho long term. Maybe after we win a Major trophy or 2 I'll have a better understanding of what it feels like to win it 'his way' and whether or not it's worth winning anything that way. And tbh the brand of football in fergies latter years was poor, only embellished by the trophy haul. I feel we are headed towards the right direction with Mourinho, we are assembling another solid team and we have gained some good cup final experience. With some class additions to the squad this summer, I think we can pip you to the title.
DELUDED

Not happy with the style of football at times especially when there's no need to be negative, that's probably one the biggest issues I had with Mourinho's appointment. I knew he would bring trophies and that winning mentality back, but I've always hated how he sets his team's up when the grind is on. hated his Chelsea 04-06 title winning sides for many reasons and one of those was the style of football on display. I've always been a fan of attacking footballing and I am not yet decided on how I feel about Mourinho long term. Maybe after we win a Major trophy or 2 I'll have a better understanding of what it feels like to win it 'his way' and whether or not it's worth winning anything that way. And tbh the brand of football in fergies latter years was poor, only embellished by the trophy haul. I feel we are headed towards the right direction with Mourinho, we are assembling another solid team and we have gained some good cup final experience. With some class additions to the squad this summer, I think we can pip you to the title.
Ok, that's probably how I thought it would be. I believe that if he was our manager (everyone will disagree because it's easy to do,) then a lot of fans would be ok as we'd win trophies. I'm not as confident as others on here that you won't be up there in the top two next season, as I think Mourinho is building a team in the style that will suit him - as boring as some find that, he's proved time and again that he can win titles.

Ok, that's probably how I thought it would be. I believe that if he was our manager (everyone will disagree because it's easy to do,) then a lot of fans would be ok as we'd win trophies. I'm not as confident as others on here that you won't be up there in the top two next season, as I think Mourinho is building a team in the style that will suit him - as boring as some find that, he's proved time and again that he can win titles.
Do you really think they will improve from there position last year to 1st no chance, they have chumps league as well they will be lucky to finish 4th

Let talk about current standings from last season in terms of goals/performance Kane is #1 Lukaku#2 Sanchez #3 in the league , the rest is for another discussion.

We could overlook the fact that he played in an inferior team such as Everton but he's still scored 2nd most goals in the league.

So 100m? That's the market....United are not being quoted less than 60m for a proven prem striker ever again.

Why do you all feel he will score 25+ goals? He scored around that last season ok that's fine. Before that in around the same number of games he scored 18, 10, 15 per season etc.

I can't see how moving to you will improve his score. Your track record with Depay, Falcao, di Maria, Ibrahimovic, Pogba all showed they scored less goals than what they did before moving. Honest question, what makes Lukaku going against that trend? From his one dimensional style of play and his previous track record, to me he'll score around 15 in the league.

Do you really think they will improve from there position last year to 1st no chance, they have chumps league as well they will be lucky to finish 4th
I genuinely think they will. It's all about the manager for me. Mourinho time and again has proved that he can win a title, and he's done it here a few times. He may play boring football, but it's effective. I can't see him finishing out of the top four next season, and I fully expect him to be in the top 3 at the very least.

Lol I do love banter

I honestly wouldn't mind if he wins the title and leaves after his contract runs out , hopefully before the pulpable discord settles in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.