United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it is that we struggled with all those draws against the dross of the league last season, if Lukaku (and hopefully another attacker) can come in and convert those small chances I think we could be close to the top. He's scored 51 in the past 2 seasons at eversh*te i believe he could do serious damage at a team with more quality players around him.

Why do you think he will convert those chances, when Ibrahimovic et al couldn't. Plus most of those chances were called chances
just because you crossed the half way line.

4460194_orig.png

Never said he was a world beater just said he would be good for us. In terms of paying over the odds as I've stated before that's what United have to pay to get the players they want now. I doubt we will ever again be able to buy a proven premier league scorer at 24yrs of age for less than 60m in today's market. Not in my lifetime

Hi bud, welcome to the forum. I think if you had invested in players a bit a few years back you would not be in this position. i think Moyes season hurt you a fair bit as players and agents saw it was a bit of a mess after your lord master left. The knock on effect is as you note still hurting you now and likely will continue to do so unless you get back to the top and you become a desirable place for the very best players. That will need the Glazers to invest some serious cash in a short space of time imo to show you really mean business.

These comments really wind me up! Of course, if you'd scored more you'd have done better – but guess what, if we'd converted just a few more of the chances we created, we'd have won the league - if Bravo had been better, we wouldn't have conceeded so many goals and won the league... get the picture? Every team in the top 4 will say the same thing!

Thing is, Lukaku is a goalscorer - nothing more... even Rags were taking the piss out of his first touch when it looked like he was going back to Chelsea... now suddenly you all think he's a world beater! Also, as many have pointed out, he may have scored 51 for Everton in the last 2 seasons, but will all due respect, teams visiting Everton didn't put everyone behind the ball like they do against your shower of shite – he'll find it harder playing for your lot - add to that, that Koeman actually plays more attractive football that Mourinho's route one shit.
Just admit it lad, you're paying WAY over the odds for a decent striker, nothing more, nothing less... but for that money you should be getting world-class, not decent!

Don't forget, if those busloads of chances that flopba created were met with a more potent striker, they would have converted more goals. The world does revolve around them and other teams do not face the same circumstance. Every other team has converted their chances while they instead are bogged down by missing goal scoring opportunities.

Lukaku is a good striker but he is not £90m, let alone a future £130m. I love how he's being overhyped now before the first ball is being kicked though. Sets for a bigger fall.

Mourinho is no tactical genius, this really just screams of desperation. I just don't get it !

Lukaku scored 25 league goals in 37 games last season. And is only 24. He will score an absolute shed load of goals for the rags. His fee is ridiculous but the way you're twisting the stats to take an average including his teenage years, is totally misleading. He will compete for the golden boot every year.

If you take the same 5 year period from Aguero's career, from age 19 to 24, he was a 14.6 league goals per season striker.

And I remember when Bony scored more goals than any **** one year.

You're isolating 1 season to illustrate whatever point you're trying to make Trev. His average over the last few seasons is 15 league goals.

A valid point re Aguero but he was £38m (and we over paid as at that time we were in full on overpay mode). Lukaku is £100m. 62m more. So in effect you've proved my point by pointing that out. Similar stats but a huge difference in price.

You don't pay £100m for a 15 league goals a season player.

Would you be happy if we spent £100m on Lukaku?

As others have said he's a good replacement for Ibrahamovic but he's unlikely to effect more results than his predecessor. So United will need to add some other ingredients to climb higher. I fear they will because of the money they can spend but I hope the next additions are similarly overpriced and with any luck complete duds. :-)

PS I hope he learned his lesson the US and keeps the noise down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.