United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you all feel he will score 25+ goals? He scored around that last season ok that's fine. Before that in around the same number of games he scored 18, 10, 15 per season etc.

I can't see how moving to you will improve his score. Your track record with Depay, Falcao, di Maria, Ibrahimovic, Pogba all showed they scored less goals than what they did before moving. Honest question, what makes Lukaku going against that trend? From his one dimensional style of play and his previous track record, to me he'll score around 15 in the league.
The way I see it is that we struggled with all those draws against the dross of the league last season, if Lukaku (and hopefully another attacker) can come in and convert those small chances I think we could be close to the top. He's scored 51 in the past 2 seasons at eversh*te i believe he could do serious damage at a team with more quality players around him.

The way I see it is that we struggled with all those draws against the dross of the league last season, if Lukaku (and hopefully another attacker) can come in and convert those small chances I think we could be close to the top. He's scored 51 in the past 2 seasons at eversh*te i believe he could do serious damage at a team with more quality players around him.
Lakaku is a quality player no doubt about it.

In my opinion a player that costs 75 million quid plus add ons plus a huge agent fee should be; winning you the league and the Champions League. He should be the best player in the world for that position. I don't believe Lakaku is that good.

Lakaku wouldn't get in my Premier League 11 let alone a European or World 11.

The rags have vastly overpaid for Lakaku.

Lakaku is a quality player no doubt about it.

In my opinion a player that costs 75 million quid plus add ons plus a huge agent fee should be; winning you the league and the Champions League. He should be the best player in the world for that position. I don't believe Lakaku is that good.

Lakaku wouldn't get in my Premier League 11 let alone a European or World 11.

The rags have vastly overpaid for Lakaku.
Maybe so, but to flip the coin VVD is valued at 60m, Iheanacho at 30m, so for a talent like Lukaku 75m seems round about the ball park. But the fee is not 75m it's more likely 90m with add-ons which is what has most people up in arms.. it's that kind of market we are in now. The positive is that if he does turn out to be good his resale value will be north of 120m before 30, which should deter Madrid.

the season hasn't started yet though ... he might prove you wrong.

These comments really wind me up! Of course, if you'd scored more you'd have done better – but guess what, if we'd converted just a few more of the chances we created, we'd have won the league - if Bravo had been better, we wouldn't have conceeded so many goals and won the league... get the picture? Every team in the top 4 will say the same thing!

Thing is, Lukaku is a goalscorer - nothing more... even Rags were taking the piss out of his first touch when it looked like he was going back to Chelsea... now suddenly you all think he's a world beater! Also, as many have pointed out, he may have scored 51 for Everton in the last 2 seasons, but will all due respect, teams visiting Everton didn't put everyone behind the ball like they do against your shower of shite – he'll find it harder playing for your lot - add to that, that Koeman actually plays more attractive football that Mourinho's route one shit.
Just admit it lad, you're paying WAY over the odds for a decent striker, nothing more, nothing less... but for that money you should be getting world-class, not decent!

These comments really wind me up! Of course, if you'd scored more you'd have done better – but guess what, if we'd converted just a few more of the chances we created, we'd have won the league - if Bravo had been better, we wouldn't have conceeded so many goals and won the league... get the picture? Every team in the top 4 will say the same thing!

Thing is, Lukaku is a goalscorer - nothing more... even Rags were taking the piss out of his first touch when it looked like he was going back to Chelsea... now suddenly you all think he's a world beater! Also, as many have pointed out, he may have scored 51 for Everton in the last 2 seasons, but will all due respect, teams visiting Everton didn't put everyone behind the ball like they do against your shower of shite – he'll find it harder playing for your lot - add to that, that Koeman actually plays more attractive football that Mourinho's route one shit.
Just admit it lad, you're paying WAY over the odds for a decent striker, nothing more, nothing less... but for that money you should be getting world-class, not decent!
The fee is a shock but Sterling's fee was a shock, as was John Stones. Last season's £50m or so is this season's £75m. It just seems to have spiked. I mean just to play devil's advocate,, we are probably going to pay over £50m for a player who turns 30 next year and who scored less than Lukaku last season whilst playing for a better team. It's a better deal for them than Pogba. And probably a better option than Morata.

What's your view of people who sell dodgy meat?

Lukaku more than doubled Dybala's goal tally last season while only getting one less assist.
Are goals the only part of a strikers game? They aren't in the same league quality wise, Dybala also plays behind Higuaín. Aguero only scored 20 goals or more once whilst at Atletico, stats don't always show the bigger picture.

Lukaku is a good player but for the price I'd want a superstar.

Never said he was a world beater just said he would be good for us. In terms of paying over the odds as I've stated before that's what United have to pay to get the players they want now. I doubt we will ever again be able to buy a proven premier league scorer at 24yrs of age for less than 60m in today's market. Not in my lifetime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.