United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku is 24 and getting better...not really sure about Agureo's trend though, at 28 he could have a blinder this season or be sat out with injury or just struggling with form. But he should be at a level higher than he is right now considering how fast he came along.

A rag still talking out of his backside!

No fucks given here.

For the price they pay for lukaku. We'll buy 2 or 3 players and still finish way above them.

According to the BBC Gossip Column they're still chasing Rodriguez from Real for £62m, Dier from Spurs for £50m and Ibranose is to be given a new contract!

I
Don't forget, if those busloads of chances that flopba created were met with a more potent striker, they would have converted more goals. The world does revolve around them and other teams do not face the same circumstance. Every other team has converted their chances while they instead are bogged down by missing goal scoring opportunities.

Lukaku is a good striker but he is not £90m, let alone a future £130m. I love how he's being overhyped now before the first ball is being kicked though. Sets for a bigger fall.
if we'd not lost gundogan for the whole season or lost Jesus so soon after his dramatic start.

Why do you think he will convert those chances, when Ibrahimovic et al couldn't. Plus most of those chances were called chances
just because you crossed the half way line.
Hahahaha crossed the half way line.

Ibra for all his influence and goals missed the most clear cut chances by a player in the league, no point in talking about if, buts or maybe he's done a job for us and now he's gone.

I don't know if Lukaku will Convert all the chances he's furnished with, but if he can at least smash 30 goals we'll be happy.

Hi bud, welcome to the forum. I think if you had invested in players a bit a few years back you would not be in this position. i think Moyes season hurt you a fair bit as players and agents saw it was a bit of a mess after your lord master left. The knock on effect is as you note still hurting you now and likely will continue to do so unless you get back to the top and you become a desirable place for the very best players. That will need the Glazers to invest some serious cash in a short space of time imo to show you really mean business.
I agree we failed to invest proper when Fergie was edging towards his final years. And Moyes didn't just hurt us , he fucked us. If losing Fergie put us level with the rest of the top 4 then having Moyes took us a few levels below that. It was tough but we weathered the storm and are in a better position to challenge now. Though the knock on effect of that is paying over the odds for good talent. Most of us are just happy City failed to capitalise on our malaise during that time. Though you did do us and the world a favour by beating the Scouse to the title.

As others have said he's a good replacement for Ibrahamovic but he's unlikely to effect more results than his predecessor. So United will need to add some other ingredients to climb higher. I fear they will because of the money they can spend but I hope the next additions are similarly overpriced and with any luck complete duds. :-)

PS I hope he learned his lesson the US and keeps the noise down.
I agree Lukaku alone is not enough and never will be enough. Which is why I hope we make a move for Sanchez.

City bought KdB, Gabriel, Joe, Vinnie, Kun, Merlin and Yaya for less than Carlton and Luke!
Come on most of the players mentioned were bought at a time when prices were still decent. And you don't factor in the age aswell. If you had to buy those players today? You'd be paying 300m for KDB, Aguero And D.Silva

59f26ad29e5931dcf38907976e0370af.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.