United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not heard Sanchez speak of his willingness to work with Guardiola at City yet.

Yes it's true that City are Assembling a great attacking side that walk on water, but you can't can't honestly say that we're not building a decent team either. If we Keep De Gea from Madrid and add a Sanchez type attacker with a Fabinho type midfielder.. we will be right up there come April. We've got a deep refreshed squad now so it's only a few constituents here and there to make us title challengers.

Don't think you'll challenge for the title, but you have one of the strongest squads in terms of depth so top four is a must given the amount of money spent. I think Lukaku will do very well for you, his goalscoring record for Everton was exceptional.

If...if...if...

If only you had a half decent manager first and foremost lol
Depending on what your definition of decent is...I think Mourinho is what you call a decent manager. He's delivered two trophies and champions league qualification. It could have and should have been better but football and all. But it's a Far Cry from LVG.

Depending on what your definition of decent is...I think Mourinho is what you call a decent manager. He's delivered two trophies and champions league qualification. It could have and should have been better but football and all. But it's a Far Cry from LVG.

Have you actually checked his Utd record out compared to LVG and even Moyes?

Look past your trophies for a second here and actually ask yourself after the football he turned out week in, week out and the money he is spending on players who wouldn't have got near a Ferguson Utd team who not only entertained but won the lot, is he the right man in charge?

Be honest!

Look past your trophies for a second here and actually ask yourself after the football he turned out week in, week out and the money he is spending on players who wouldn't have got near a Ferguson Utd team who not only entertained but won the lot, is he the right man in charge?

Be honest!

A rag being honest, that's not going to happen, they think it's 1999 again just cos they won some trophies that no one else wanted and are shelling out money for a striker who was number 3 on the list. I had this debate last night with a couple of them, when it came to staking their own money on them finishing higher than us they wouldn't. Easy money when you find the daft ones who think they will.

Be honest!

His style leaves a lot to be desired, but you can't really argue with his record. If we're being honest, you'd have to say they had a more successful season than us with the two trophies although clearly our future looks brighter. Whether he'll last more than a few seasons there remains to be seen though. His methods don't really lend themselves to any kind of longevity.

Do you peeps think it's worth having this thread....a micro look at our main rivals transfers?

Hop so......I ll start

Rooney gone......a good move......the fat Adonis is a massive drain on their wages and slower than a snail. Lukaku, well, he's a proven pl player but the figures quoted are eye watering. The desperadoes are getting a player who can't head but is maybe worth 20 goals a season in all comps incl champions league.

With what was available when we hired him? Yes. Aesthetically though.... he's not the right man for the job not for me at least. Id would prefer a more Attack minded manager. But that's from the basis of not looking at what he has won and could win with the club.

Be honest!

Re: Mourinho

His oeuvre speaks for itself tbh he's done it so many times now. It's not wrong if united fans expect more than just fourth place finish this year.

His style leaves a lot to be desired, but you can't really argue with his record. If we're being honest, you'd have to say they had a more successful season than us with the two trophies although clearly our future looks brighter. Whether he'll last more than a few seasons there remains to be seen though. His methods don't really lend themselves to any kind of longevity.

I addressed this point in the Sanchez thread earlier mate in that im old school and i dont have to win a trophy to see a season as a success or not and its certainly not the be all and end all for me, especially when its done nothing but mask some serious flaws in that Utd side and the way they play the game.

I honestly see no difference between him, LVG or Moyes in terms of football and come the first game, Lukaku will do what Zlatan did and if he doesn't score at 60 mins he will get hauled off for Fellaini and the wheel will continue to turn and pretty soon he will think wtf?

Nothing in their transfer business to date would suggest to any Utd fan the football next year will take a step forwards.

People are missing the point here Lukaku is in theory just replacing Ibrahimovic as in goals for a fee of 100m thing is though he ain't better than Ibrahimovic who scored important goals where as Lukaku didn't score ONE important goal for Everton! So it will be another season of low goal tally for the scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.