United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had said Paddy Crerrand then I may have been swayed. I don't remember Macari being too bad really. Felt bad for him when his son committed suicide.
Didn't know about that. Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I know you're about the same age as me, so I can't believe you don't remember that rant against City on "Kick Off". For me, his mask certainly slipped at that point.

It really does feel at the moment there is a glorious self destruct button being activated.

No doubt the lack of signings won't be an issue with the upcoming genius of Rashford and Jesse.
Jose giving youth a chance and all that ........

If you had said Paddy Crerrand then I may have been swayed. I don't remember Macari being too bad really. Felt bad for him when his son committed suicide.
He was on Talksport trying to take the piss out of us getting Pellegrini as manager saying he didn't speak English and hadn't won anything, Brazil said well neither had Moyes, he's a first class prick .

Rooney is so shit now I'd even question if he is of Premier League standard.

Last season even with some bench time to rest he still never had 90min in him. Lower positioned clubs can't afford a player who is a passenger for chunks of a game due to being fucked. With that in mind, no i really don't think he is good enough for any prem team. You saw how he hid away in midfield last season for huge chunks of a lot of games, nearly every game actually if not all. I think a lower positioned team at least needs industry from everyone for the entire match if they can't meet the oppo with skill if they want to stay up. Rooney i feel would become as much a burden to any lower placed club as he has become for utd over the course of a full season as he is physically incapable of giving that now.

It feels strange to say that about a 31yo but he has totally neglected his health in relation to his job. No crash fitness course will fix years of drinking and smoking, it takes years for your body to get it's self right again.

Can't understand why, if true, Everton are up for him. Looking like they are building quite a reasonable team and lard arse is the last person they would want there.

Can't understand why, if true, Everton are up for him. Looking like they are building quite a reasonable team and lard arse is the last person they would want there.
Could it be purely for marketing reasons. Rooney is still a pretty big name commercialy all over the world.

In light of a Redcafe thread which could easily be subtitled 'Why oh why can't things be like they used to be' , I was reminded of this song

And the lyrics are pretty accurate as well: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=plastic+sugarcubes+lyrics

Selected:
"My friends the alchemists
Told me everything was natural
And will always be that way
And possible to make gold from dirt

Today I'm old and withering away
My friends the alchemists
Long disappeared into dust
I no longer get anything fruity
No longer gold made from dirt"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.