United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone wants to see Lukaku's strengths/weaknesses have a look at his performance at Old Trafford. Very, very hit and miss and not a performance that screams 70mil plus player
Yeah I remember Ashley Williams screaming at him the whole match to actually stop being lazy and give some effort

He's replacing who brought them their goals last season. Unless he scores 40+, they need another goalscorer.

He's hit a good run of form but wasn't always a 20+ goals a season player. Scored 118 in 259 games. Bony before he came to us scored 94 in 178 games; a far potent goal conversion rate. I think he will struggle to reach 20+ next season because he'll come up against teams content with not losing.

Chelsea are far more dangerous to us than the rags so I fail to see why you would want him to go there. Conte isn't daft and must believe he will improve their squad. Cannot fathom how you think he will improve the raggys significantly over the big nosed swede. He isn't great in the air, poor at hold up play and will just be used as a lump up front to lump it too. Far better he goes to the rags.
Yes logically I should want him at Utd, but I don't like them

Lukaku is raw, but so they say was Drogba when he went to Chelsea. I wouldn't like him at City, but Utd can just belt the ball up to Lukaku and defend. Mourinho will love it. He has got something though. Do you remember the goal he scored last season at the Etihad for Everton. They'd done nothing, then he picks it up on the half way line and he runs half the length of the pitch and slams it into the net. Granted he makes a lot of errors too

It would p'ss me off if Utd got him tbh. I think he's a step up on Ibra. Ibra was finished. He might have got goals but he was static.

Why did Everton spend an entire Summer ratcheting up our Stones bids, and then the moment Utd bid, it's bid accepted. No one accepts the first bid. Hopefully its the BBC jumping the gun again

Yes logically I should want him at Utd, but I don't like them

Lukaku is raw, but so they say was Drogba when he went to Chelsea. I wouldn't like him at City, but Utd can just belt the ball up to Lukaku and defend. Mourinho will love it. He has got something though. Do you remember the goal he scored last season at the Etihad for Everton. They'd done nothing, then he picks it up on the half way line and he runs half the length of the pitch and slams it into the net. Granted he makes a lot of errors too

It would p'ss me off if Utd got him tbh. I think he's a step up on Ibra. Ibra was finished. He might have got goals but he was static.

Why did Everton spend an entire Summer ratcheting up our Stones bids, and then the moment Utd bid, it's bid accepted. No one accepts the first bid. Hopefully its the BBC jumping the gun again

Yeah, I think you've brought up that goal before. As you say he was running with the ball. He needs the ball played in front of him. If you think that booting the ball up to Lukaku is going to be profitable over the season enough to significantly improve them then you've not watched him enough. His holdup play is average at best.

yes, how good does this make the Jesus deal look now. I'd rather Lukaku goes to Chelsea. I laughed at Ibra, Rashford, Martial etc, but I think Lukaku will be effective. Makes them top 4 contenders. Hate to say. Hopefully Chelsea come in and beat them. I don't know what Chelsea are playing at. Costa revelations in the Summer and still not moved to replace him. Wouldn't surprise me if Conte walked.
There more than one player away (and a manager IMO), from being top 4 contenders. They are in catch up mode and that was before before any of the top four start buying.

There more than one player away (and a manager IMO), from being top 4 contenders. They are in catch up mode and that was before before any of the top four start buying.
I don't want to start arguing a top 4 case for man Utd so I'll just say I hope you are right.

yes, how good does this make the Jesus deal look now. I'd rather Lukaku goes to Chelsea. I laughed at Ibra, Rashford, Martial etc, but I think Lukaku will be effective. Makes them top 4 contenders. Hate to say. Hopefully Chelsea come in and beat them. I don't know what Chelsea are playing at. Costa revelations in the Summer and still not moved to replace him. Wouldn't surprise me if Conte walked.

What makes them top 4 contenders is the biased way they are officiated. But as we have already seen, they
can still fuck it up.

This could prove funny as fuck if Lukaku snubs them and goes to Chelsea, seems the scum have taken the business decision of Lukaku over Morata if however that fails and they go back not only will they be bent over and rogered by RM but even if they agree a fee Morata might turn round and snub them for not being 1st choice. They could end up with just Rashford and Martial for next season. If only Carlsberg did rag transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.