United thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and seat next to me still refer to a miss hit long pass as a 'Boateng ball'

His quality is not the issue! He improved beyond recognition under Pep, who declared he was the best defender in the world under him, and his passing was a big part of that. Fit and match sharp he's on another planet to Phil Jones and Chris Smalling, that's not the issue with the transfer - everything else is.

The fact he's injured as often as Kompany, the fact he turns 30 in September, he's showed signs of being on the decline, his game suits possession play where he can make a big difference in build up play, they're paying a premium price for an out of favour player.

A well run club of their means would be either throwing their weight, and money, around to sign Sule, or Marquinhos, or Varane, or Umtiti - a young, starting CB for one of the best sides in the world - or they'd be going after someone like Pavard, a kid with loads of potential who looks ready to fulfill it. Oh, and it'd be happening in May/June, not 3 days before the window closes.

If they sign Jerome Boateng I think it will nicely sum up everything wrong with them.

They're going after a 30 year old, very injury prone defender who fell out of Bayern's first team last summer, and paying £45-50m for the privilege, allowing Bayern to buy another up and coming young player in Pavard.

It's a transfer no one else in the top 6 would consider for a moment.

And it'd also mean they miss out on Alderweireld who's so much better and would instantly transform their defence.

I really hope it happens but surely they can’t be that deluded and blind???

I too am extremely sceptical about this possible signing. Boateng was born in a wheelchair, he couldn't put one hoof in front of another without collapsing in agony on the ground. He makes Darren Anderton look hard working. I cannot see even the rags being so bloody stupid as to sign this permanently crocked has-been...but I hope to fuck they do.

His quality is not the issue! He improved beyond recognition under Pep, who declared he was the best defender in the world under him, and his passing was a big part of that. Fit and match sharp he's on another planet to Phil Jones and Chris Smalling, that's not the issue with the transfer - everything else is.

The fact he's injured as often as Kompany, the fact he turns 30 in September, he's showed signs of being on the decline, his game suits possession play where he can make a big difference in build up play, they're paying a premium price for an out of favour player.

A well run club of their means would be either throwing their weight, and money, around to sign Sule, or Marquinhos, or Varane, or Umtiti - a young, starting CB for one of the best sides in the world - or they'd be going after someone like Pavard, a kid with loads of potential who looks ready to fulfill it. Oh, and it'd be happening in May/June, not 3 days before the window closes.
Fair enough. Haven't followed him since he left us really. And if you start for Bayern you can't be bad. Having said that, we all know they should break the bank [again] for Harry Maguire on set pieces.

Last edited:
I too am extremely sceptical about this possible signing. Boateng was born in a wheelchair, he couldn't put one hoof in front of another without collapsing in agony on the ground. He makes Darren Anderton look hard working. I cannot see even the rags being so bloody stupid as to sign this permanently crocked has-been...but I hope to fuck they do.

Haha..No one expected them to sign Alexis and give him £500k per week but it happened, this is another level of stupidity, we can only hope.

One obvious problem was fullbacks, their solution was to sign a young right back from Porto with only a handful of first team appearances lol

They really are lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.