United thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing those years in the wilderness and the stick we took as a result gave us was inner steel and self depreciating humour. This is one thing the rags can't buy or understand, because it took us thirty five years to do so, they have a long way to go. I sincerely hope they get there.

Wedding down south years ago and met a coupe of Palace season ticket holders who loved Cantona for what he did. Apparently the guy sat near them and was a known ****. Doesn't change the fact that Cantona was also a gigantic **** mind, but agree with what you said. Sometimes even ****s do good things.

Reminded me of this . . .

Serious question. How much of their dire football is down to poor tatics and how much down to poor players? If PEG goes, is their decent side waiting to get out, and if so playing what tatics? Or is it a total rebuild? I dont follow that closely to know which players have unrealised potential, which are genuinely shit and which are in decline (apart from obvious).

Serious question. How much of their dire football is down to poor tatics and how much down to poor players? If PEG goes, is their decent side waiting to get out, and if so playing what tatics? Or is it a total rebuild? I dont follow that closely to know which players have unrealised potential, which are genuinely shit and which are in decline (apart from obvious).
The past few years have really taken a toll on them. Mourinhos football is atrocious, but theyve been bleeding talent for years now.

Of their squad how many would you realistically take? Off the top of my head I could be talked into De Gea, Pogba, Martial, Mata, and Fred...and even then, I feel like I'm being generous. Mata is old. Is Fred shit or just being held back? Why has Martial never progressed? Maybe you could convince me there is room for growth in Rashford.

Players like Lukaku, Fellaini, Herrera, Valencia, Young, Lingard and Phil fucking Jones feature heavily for them and have no business starting for a top 4 side.

They have a narcissistic dinosaur of manager, an aging squad in need of a major talent injection if not a complete overhaul, and a mountain of debt lurking right around the corner. They are in a much worse spot then most people seem to think.

It’s criminal how infrequently it gets cited as the root of their demise. If someone with serious cash had bought united at the start of the century, the club would be in much better nick right now and that individual would have made a fucking mint. The Glazers are a cancer on that club. They are bleeding it dry.
god luv em

There is a decent team (13 or so players) at the rags which if played all season SHOULD be challenging for a top four place, but certainly not title challenging
Apart from hoofing a diagonal to Fellaini, they're not playing to their strengths
They have a couple of very good attacking left sided players in Rashford and Martial, but they are being stifled as Pogba likes to drift in there as does Sanchez
In general the squad is aging and needs an awful lot of money thrown at it. As a rag on a phone in said the other day they need to get shut of the manager and Pogba. Get an enthusiastic young manager such as Pottecino and let him build like Liverpool have done with Klopp
Our strategy has been to buy the best young players, Stones,, Sterling, Jesus, Laporte, Sane, Mendy, Bernardo, Ederson, where as they've spent big money on the supposed finished article who is only going downhill

Their next managerial appointment is absolutely critical. If they mess it up again they are in the wilderness for a decade

The past few years have really taken a toll on them. Mourinhos football is atrocious, but theyve been bleeding talent for years now.

Of their squad how many would you realistically take? Off the top of my head I could be talked into De Gea, Pogba, Martial, Mata, and Fred...and even then, I feel like I'm being generous. Mata is old. Is Fred shit or just being held back? Why has Martial never progressed? Maybe you could convince me there is room for growth in Rashford.

Players like Lukaku, Fellaini, Herrera, Valencia, Young, Lingard and Phil fucking Jones feature heavily for them and have no business starting for a top 4 side.

They have a narcissistic dinosaur of manager, an aging squad in need of a major talent injection if not a complete overhaul, and a mountain of debt lurking right around the corner. They are in a much worse spot then most people seem to think.

They're not doing! :)

We've all laughed about BFS & the family man but who do we think is goimg to get the gig once PEG goes?

My worry would be Rafa he'd have them organised and playing to their 'strengths' but I do think they'll go down the Giggs route.

Anyway #SOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.