United thread 2018/19

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by KentBlue, 14 Jun 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manchester blue

manchester blue

They're not doing! :)

LWashington and yankblue like this.
  2. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

We've all laughed about BFS & the family man but who do we think is goimg to get the gig once PEG goes?

My worry would be Rafa he'd have them organised and playing to their 'strengths' but I do think they'll go down the Giggs route.

Anyway #SOP

3. TonyM

TonyM

I know Lingard isn’t great but he tries his best IMO. The fact that he was left out of the team at WHU was more surprising than Sanchez being left at home IMO. I wonder if there’s a spat there too?

4. denislawsbackheel

denislawsbackheel

He’s chair of the Pogba fan club.

Needed taking down a peg or two.

5. SilverFox2

SilverFox2

I suppose Ed W is doing his best to provide sufficient funds to generate income but when its owners require more and more of the profit to support their failing US based businesses you have to wonder about their business acumen.
    Trump has similar failings inheriting cash but failing with his ventures.

Our owner has invested wisely in people to run his venture and patiently awaits the financial rewards. He has proved that football is not a special case when it comes to running a business as United and other cartel members are finding out.
    Business is business and taking revenue for granted when poorly performing leads to disaster no matter how much of a history the club can claim.

6. Hart of the Matter

Hart of the Matter

I struggle to see what kind of football the current squad could be reshaped to play. They dont jave the high energy to press like us and Liverpool, or the creative talent to play through and between the lines. Good as DDG is the thought of him playing from the back with the current shower in defence is laughable. I know they have good players but building a core with a clear tactic in mind seems a long way off, even for a new manager. Interestingly Red Cafe has just stated a thread on who to keep and who should go. No love for Loocackpoo, Martial, Sanchez, Valencia, Young, Mata, Matic or Lingard let alone any of their CBs apart from smalling. I think Conte could do a 1 season patch up on what they have but the scale of what needs doing looks huge.

7. Plays By Sense Of Smell

Plays By Sense Of Smell

Ha anyone stopped to think that perhaps jose is actually overacheiving (at least last 2 years) and that if someone else came in they'd face largely the same problems - but may fare even worse?

Easy and Gordyola like this.
  8. Vienna_70

Vienna_70

Team supported:
    The Only Team in Manchester!
    Look at the age of the players. That will give you some idea of the task.

Then look at the age of the players in our squad.

9. Macca Two

Macca Two

Just watching SSN live reporter outside United training ground & large green skip lorry passes in to the complex - is this for the manager or the players or both?????

10. Eds

Eds

And the problem with that is what?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.