United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should do what a mate of mine ( a very big City fan and well known to a lot on here but I won't say his name ) did years ago.

He had 2 tickets for the FA Cup final that utd were playing ( can't remember who the other team were ) that he had acquired through his work.

In his local pub in Ashton on the Friday night before the game he started to auction them off to the highest bidder and all the rags were eager to pay.

After they had all offered silly money he just set fire to them in an ashtray and started laughing saying “ fuck you all, that's 2 empty seats in your end “
Fucking legend!

I've not had a good look and compared it to a pre-Covid year but in one way there's no surprise but there is in another way. They've had virtually no matchday revenue of course so that's a big hole in their revenue but, on the other hand, I suspect all the TV money held over from the previous (2019/20) season has been repaid. I'd expect one to more or less offset the other but that's why I want to have a look at previous years' figures.

They're attributing a large part of the loss to a significant tax hit, due to a change in corporation tax rates. You'd expect that to be a one-off though. Really, we won't get a sensible idea of all club finances until this financial year's results (i.e. to June 2022) come out.

I've not had a good look and compared it to a pre-Covid year but in one way there's no surprise but there is in another way. They've had virtually no matchday revenue of course so that's a big hole in their revenue but, on the other hand, I suspect all the TV money held over from the previous (2019/20) season has been repaid. I'd expect one to more or less offset the other but that's why I want to have a look at previous years' figures.

They're attributing a large part of the loss to a significant tax hit, due to a change in corporation tax rates. You'd expect that to be a one-off though. Really, we won't get a sensible idea of all club finances until this financial year's results (i.e. to June 2022) come out.
Cheers PB

My daughter has won 2 tickets to the Utd Aston Villa game at school

(I think they use the rags Community sports training company for P.E so i'm guessing they get tickets for freemans)

She is 7 and wants to go, should I

A. Be a caring and compassionate adult and kick her fucking head in

B. Stop being a "Boomer" and take her to let her make her own mind up

C. Sell the tickets and buy some Stella

*her back doors shall remain intact, she is only 7 you feckin animals

** I'm not setting fire to the "Rag Bicth"
The swamp must be in a really bad way if they're playing Villa at a school.

You should do what a mate of mine ( a very big City fan and well known to a lot on here but I won't say his name ) did years ago.

He had 2 tickets for the FA Cup final that utd were playing ( can't remember who the other team were ) that he had acquired through his work.

In his local pub in Ashton on the Friday night before the game he started to auction them off to the highest bidder and all the rags were eager to pay.

After they had all offered silly money he just set fire to them in an ashtray and started laughing saying “ fuck you all, that's 2 empty seats in your end “
We have had a breaktrough and she would much rather sit in a traffic jam for 2-3 hours looking at streetlights (illuminations) Unfortunately the tickets are to be picked up on matchday with I.D so can't even knock em out to a lifelong rag for his first ever game. she's decided to give them back to school.

Parenting lvl complete

We have had a breaktrough and she would much rather sit in a traffic jam for 2-3 hours looking at streetlights (illuminations) Unfortunately the tickets are to be picked up on matchday with I.D so can't even knock em out to a lifelong rag for his first ever game. she's decided to give them back to school.

Parenting lvl complete
Sensible girl.

What a guy. If I could I’d buy him a pint. I needed that after today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.