United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Manchester City are an oil club because of the business interests of the owner Sheikh Mansour, then Man Utd are an oil-club because of the business history of Malcolm Glazer. In the 1980s Malcolm Glazer was invested in and later obtained a controlling interest in George H.W.Bush (US President) Texan oil firm Zapata. Zapata are no longer in oil and gas but they were then operating 100s of oil wells in Texas.

I think the whole argument of what industry billionaires make their money in is boring and without value but if idiot Man Utd fans want to go down that route, ask them about the Glazers and Zapata.

Football clubs in the UK have been the personal fiefdoms of private owners since their inception, and MCFC are no different. As the Premier League generated more and more money, then global capital moved in, and here we are in a league where every Premier League club are owned by billionaires who have political influence in the running of countries. The British media is itself owned by billionaires and yet their writers indulge in this oil-money garbage. Journalists who do this deserve to be shunned and ignored because they are either incredibly stupid or incredibly cynical. Who are you working for? Why is it that your life's work is spent in the employment of a media company who generate revenue by smearing football clubs. How rewarding is that?
Marvin.

If you want to ‘know your enemy’ this, from 2004 and pre Utd takeover, is worth a read.

Their method of paying little and extracting lots is well established.

Marvin.

If you want to ‘know your enemy’ this, from 2004 and pre Utd takeover, is worth a read.

Their method of paying little and extracting lots is well established.

The Glazers are brilliant.........for City.
What a load of shysters.

I had 2 Liverpool fans on today’s wine tour
They live in Queensland
He was from Reigate in Surrey, she from Iceland !
Within 2 minutes of setting off, they were straight into me, 6 euro cups, 20 league titles blah fuckin blah oil money…
“You’ll always have the title of the most killings at a game to be proud of as well”
Not a peep out of the cunts for the next 5 hours.
Plus the net spend trophy annually since 2008 la

A club in free fall, fantv making profit from their demise, owners not willing to invest properly, living off past glories, a succession of failed managers, media spotlight.

It's Arsenal all over again, all we need are the fan protests and banners on planes, and I think we've even had that. Mid table club in 3 or 4 years (Unless they hit lucky)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.