United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Qataris buy the rags what is the betting our club bend over and let the cunts use our stadium whilst the swamp is redeveloped. It would be unforgivable in my eyes if we do anything for them apart from relegating them
100m per training session at the Etihad works for me. Money always wins.

Since the takeover, the owners have spent 2.1bn

Forbes currently value the club at 2.9bn

So yes, currently in profit. Although, how much of this value is directly linked to the potential capital from Abu Dhabi investment? Also, add another 300 million on for stadium expansion and player recruitment in the summer.

Anyway, this is the wrong thread for this conversation.
So as it stands, with the figures you’ve just stated, the Middle Eastern guy who purchased MCFC in 2008 has, including his owner investment, made just shy of £1 billion if he were to sell the club at the clubs current value

Can you explain how his investment is nothing to do with making profit & only about ‘brand’, when he would clearly make profit if he were to sell?

If it’s only about brand & marketing, nothing to do with profit & money is no object, why sell shares to Silverlake? Why partner with Co-Op & others to build a world class venue on campus, why not partner with an Abu Dhabi company instead of Co-Op if it’s only about brand marketing & not profit? Why call it the Co-Op arena as I’m quite certain they aren’t an Abu Dhabi based company

What Abu Dhabi brand marketing is there with the agreement (forgotten it’s name) with Manchester Council to provide housing?

What about the CFG? Is that a Global branding or sportswashing project taking place? If so, why not call it the Abu Dhabi Football Group

You mention £300m in the summer, which suggests that 1 - we would have to pay all £300m in one go & 2 - we don’t generate any money, so the £300m will be more investment from Sheik Mansour

& on top of all of this, Khaldoon has spoken about heavily investing initially, whilst having a plan to be self sufficient, which he’s delivered on

Seems like you’re looking at this through the tiny prism of what the pricks in the press say about City, instead of using your noggin & doing a bit of critical thinking mate

Who would ever invest the best part of £2 billion & not want a return on investment or to put it another way, who would invest 12% of their net worth on something & not expect a return?

I’ll leave it bud as I’m boring myself now, but I genuinely can’t believe you’ve bought into the sportswashing nonesene

Last edited:
Sky sports just now creaming themselves saying if Qatar buy the scum not only will they invest in the team and the swamp. They will also invest in Manchester. Have they ever even mentioned what our owners have done for Manchester in all the years they’ve been here? The positive press Qatar has suddenly begun to get is astounding!
They could pull down the swamp and build a giant Nando's, that would really improve the local area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.