United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as it stands, with the figures you’ve just stated, the Middle Eastern guy who purchased MCFC in 2008 has, including his owner investment, made just shy of £1 billion if he were to sell the club at the clubs current value

Can you explain how his investment is nothing to do with making profit & only about ‘brand’, when he would clearly make profit if he were to sell?

If it’s only about brand & marketing, nothing to do with profit & money is no object, why sell shares to Silverlake? Why partner with Co-Op & others to build a world class venue on campus, why not partner with an Abu Dhabi company instead of Co-Op if it’s only about brand marketing & not profit? Why call it the Co-Op arena as I’m quite certain they aren’t an Abu Dhabi based company

What Abu Dhabi brand marketing is there with the agreement (forgotten it’s name) with Manchester Council to provide housing?

What about the CFG? Is that a Global branding or sportswashing project taking place? If so, why not call it the Abu Dhabi Football Group

You mention £300m in the summer, which suggests that 1 - we would have to pay all £300m in one go & 2 - we don’t generate any money, so the £300m will be more investment from Sheik Mansour

& on top of all of this, Khaldoon has spoken about heavily investing initially, whilst having a plan to be self sufficient, which he’s delivered on

Seems like you’re looking at this through the tiny prism of what the pricks in the press say about City, instead of using your noggin & doing a bit of critical thinking mate

Who would ever invest the best part of £2 billion & not want a return on investment or to put it another way, who would invest 12% of their net worth on something & not expect a return?

I’ll leave it bud as I’m boring myself now, but I genuinely can’t believe you’ve bought into the sportswashing nonesene
Yes, but that valuation is intrinsically linked to the potential sponsorship deals that the current owners are able to achieve through their business connections. Many corporations want to do business with companies attached to sovereign wealth funds. The mutual benefits are obvious.

For instance, lets say a Greek shipping family bought the club. Would Sheikh Ahmed bin Saif Al Nahyan hand them a 400 million pound sponsorship deal? Absolutely not. They would have to start from scratch with Aegean Airlines etc..

I understand that this is a hypothetical conversation, but in any scenario where the club could be sold, as soon as you remove the current ownership from any future involvement, the price would be significantly lower. And if you don't believe that the house of Nahyan can squander money, since 2016, Etihad Airways have written off 7.8bn in losses.

In comparison, there is a lot more to show for their 2.1bn investment in City, which is why I cannot see them ever selling up. Businessmen like to attach themselves to success and winning. Khaldoon has even listed City's honours in his list of achievements on his Wiki page, so there is a huge level of pride attached to this unique relationship, but the exploits of Etihad Airways looms large on the future of this club.

Last edited:
Yes, but that valuation is intrinsically linked to the potential sponsorship deals that the current owners are able to achieve through their business connections. Many corporations want to do business with companies attached to sovereign wealth funds. The mutual benefits are obvious.

For instance, lets say a Greek shipping family bought the club. Would Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan hand them a 400 million pound sponsorship deal? Absolutely not. They would have to start from scratch with Aegean Airlines etc..

I understand that this is a hypothetical conversation, but in any scenario where the club could be sold, as soon as you remove the current ownership from any future involvement, the price would be significantly lower. And if you don't believe that the house of Nahyan can squander money, since 2016, Etihad Airways have written off 7.8bn in losses.

In comparison, there is a lot more to show for their 2.1bn investment in City, which is why I cannot see them ever selling up. Businessmen like to attach themselves to success and winning. Khaldoon has even listed City's honours in his list of achievements on his Wiki page, so there is a huge level of pride attached to this unique relationship, but the exploits of Etihad Airways looms large on the future of this club.
Few points in response seeing as you are a full on believer in sportswashing

1 - How are MCFC attached to a sovereign wealth fund?
2 - When did Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayes Al Nahyan Sponsor City to the tune of £1, never mind £400million?
3 - Pretty certain it’s ADEC who underwrite the Etihad debts, not Sheik Mansour whom we are talking about as the majority owner of CFG & MCFC, so what’s your point here?
4 - You thinking Khaldoon edits his own wiki page is fucking hilarious
5 - Do you even know what percentage of City’s turnover comes from Abu Dhabi?
6 - Do you have Miguel Deleany bed sheets
7 - Fuck of you know nowt dirty red bastard
8 - Once you’ve fucked off, come back so you can fuck off some more

Screenshot-2023-02-15-19-20-24-15-4a24d271e133915ae237d4bec6ffe368.jpg

These fuckers are now our main challengers after last night.

It'd be almost all over but for the cheating at the swamp.

Fucking scum and all who suck it's cock.

These fuckers are now our main challengers after last night.

It'd be almost all over but for the cheating at the swamp.

Fucking scum and all who suck it's cock.

Not sure. Getting close to the top is one thing, but maintaining that and putting a serious challenge in is completely different. Not convinced at all that they’re capable of that and neither are the bookies.

Not sure. Getting close to the top is one thing, but maintaining that and putting a serious challenge in is completely different. Not convinced at all that they’re capable of that and neither are the bookies.

Their squad depth ain’t great and they’ve been blowing the last few games. They have a goal difference of 10 which shows marginally they have edged games. If their luck changes they could finish way off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.