United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went in my local Wetherspoon tonight and whilst waiting to be served, two bar staff were talking ‘did you hear about the demonstrations the other night to get the ‘Saudi bloke’ in, there was at least 14,000 on it, fkin hell the other guy said, that’s more than City had watching the parade.
Sat down and listened to the ‘facts’ spreading round at nearby tables where I was sat.

With their new found wealth they will be Probably spend a billion on a bunch of mercanaries and win the odd the league cup, worrying

Is a £6billion investment into a football club on its knees with debt and one of the worst grounds in the premier league good business, The price tag only gets you in the door like homes under the hammer. i think another £2billion will be needed to refurbish the place in and around the ground and then £1billion to clear the debt,

This is like the Chelsea takeover, it does not make any business sense or will see a return, Any new owners of United will have to keep pumping money into it every season, long term it could be well over ten years of investments and little returns and the bill would be over £15billion by then,

the City owners got in at the right time with the right club, it only needed a new image and media hype to light the fuse, what is the figure we have been quoted at for the whole club, around £5billion in today's market, WOW that's how to run a business

The guy doesn’t have that kind of money - it really will be (oil) state owned. Unfortunately the state concerned has money to burn & business sense is irrelevant - publicity is what they’re after

Went in my local Wetherspoon tonight and whilst waiting to be served, two bar staff were talking ‘did you hear about the demonstrations the other night to get the ‘Saudi bloke’ in, there was at least 14,000 on it, fkin hell the other guy said, that’s more than City had watching the parade.
Sat down and listened to the ‘facts’ spreading round at nearby tables where I was sat.

What do you expect…. Tim Martin is an utter fuckwit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.