United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went in my local Wetherspoon tonight and whilst waiting to be served, two bar staff were talking ‘did you hear about the demonstrations the other night to get the ‘Saudi bloke’ in, there was at least 14,000 on it, fkin hell the other guy said, that’s more than City had watching the parade.
Sat down and listened to the ‘facts’ spreading round at nearby tables where I was sat.

You should change the title to Utd fans are liars or something like that. Personally I’ve started referring to them as the Liars now, for obvious reasons.

Unless you’re ready and armed with actual facts or internet access, sometimes it becomes hard to know what’s wrong or what’s a complete lie. A few weeks ago I had a Utd fan tell me when they won the CL in 99, every team they faced won their league that year, apart from Inter who finished second. For that reason it was harder for them and therefore better. But when I checked, Brondby (group stage) had finished second, Inter (Quarter final) had finished 8th and Juventus (semi final) had finished 7th. So it was just a complete lie. Problem is, when I spoke to him about it he said he got the info from speaking to other Utd fans. So it seems they do just lie to each other and believe it.

Some of my favourite lies:

- The 99 CL team was made up of mostly youth players
- PL was harder to win in the 90’s
- A lot better players in the PL when Utd dominated compared to now
- No city play could get in Utds 2008 side and very few in the 99 team
- Paul Scholes was the best midfielder ever
- 1 million went to their 99 parade
- A few thousand went to the City parade
- City can’t fill the ground, we have 20-30’000 empty seats every week
- City have to give tickets away for free to schools or do BOGOF deals
- The fans that go have only supported City since 2008
- Utd fans only care about Liverpool who have always been their greatest rival and derby
- Utd fans don’t care about City, we’re irrelevant
- City bought the league but Utd didn’t
- They would stop supporting Utd if they got an owner from the Middle East (dirty oil money), but this one has now conveniently changed

I could go on, but needless to say, each one of these is a complete lie. This behavior is an attempt to undermine our success and make themselves feel better, by diminishing our achievements. But still, they have become the biggest liars in football. It’s both brilliant and sad as fuck.

Last edited:
You should change the title to Utd fans are liars or something like that. Personally I’ve started referring to them as the Liars now, for obvious reasons.

Unless you’re ready and armed with actual facts or internet access, sometimes it becomes hard to know what’s wrong or what’s a complete lie. A few weeks ago I had a Utd fan tell me when they won the CL in 99, every team they faced won their league that year, apart from Inter who finished second. For that reason it was harder for them and therefore better. But when I checked, Brondby (group stage) had finished second, Inter (Quarter final) had finished 8th and Juventus (semi final) had finished 7th. So it was just a complete lie. Problem is, when I spoke to him about it he said he got the info from speaking to other Utd fans. So it seems they do just lie to each other and believe it.

Some of my favourite lies:

- The 99 CL team was made up of mostly youth players
- PL was harder to win in the 90’s
- A lot better players in the PL when Utd dominated compared to now
- No city play could get in Utds 2008 side and very few in the 99 team
- Paul Scholes was the best midfielder ever
- 1 million went to their 99 parade
- A few thousand went to the City parade
- City can’t fill the ground, we have 20-30’000 empty seats every week
- City have to give tickets away for free to schools or do BOGOF deals
- The fans that go have only supported City since 2008
- Utd fans only care about Liverpool who have always been their greatest rival and derby
- Utd fans don’t care about City, we’re irrelevant
- City bought the league but Utd didn’t
- They would stop supporting Utd if they got an owner from the Middle East (dirty oil money), but this one has now conveniently changed

I could go on, but needless to say, each one of these is a complete lie. This behavior is an attempt to undermine our success and make themselves feel better, by diminishing our achievements.
Had one the other day on about their treble, told him they were the runners up in 98 so shouldn’t have even been allowed in the “Champions League”
No we weren’t!!!
Get your facts right dickhead !!

115 charges with a face like he’d been sucking lemons for a fortnight
Fuckin love it !!!!

He was also out of there sharpish at the end carrying his losers medal. Their two biggest twats however, Fernandes and Fred, put the medals round their necks and hung around to congratulate our players which I thought was pretty big of them.
Yep spot on about ratface and Fred, shows a tiny bit of humility.

Then fishy fingers saying he didn't watch our celebrations and wasn't happy. Perhaps if he'd turned up in the home straight of the league and in the final, he might have had a say in the matter.

De Gea and Lindelhoff are shite, very limited players, but at least they put up more of a show than fishy, ratty or jaded, who have all got talent, but Christ they're lazy!

Sancho only went there recently for £75M, is on £350K a week, already one of their top earners. That's KdB or Haaland money for someone without any PL experience. He did ok in Germany, but the next Bellingham he certainly ain't.

Before the build up for the final, the same line being parroted by these herberts was we're gonna prevent Citeh doing the treble, our 'istreeeeeee etc. Pretty sure it wasn't till cup final day itself that they even mentioned performing in a final to win the cup.

Our chaps were all about the honour of winning the FA Cup, without having to demean or belittle these idiots. I think that's quite telling as to the opposing mentality of us approaching a game to win glory, them to purely try and spoil, and so it proved.

Istanbul has hurt both arse cheeks, expect the vitriol to be intensified over the summer. Their ongoing sale really is showing them up for the deluded idiots we always knew them to be.

The PL isn’t a farmers league like League 1.

I doubt a club in the PL would win 5 PL titles out of the last 6 PL tiles. And that 1 was during the Covid lockdown with an astrix against it. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.