United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the only rag at work (former ST holder at the swamp) worth talking to about them this morning, so I asked him, "What the fuck has happened to your club? Pulling out from buying a player, because the fans didn’t want him. If I was ten Hag, I’d resign immediately."

"It’s the Glazers."

"They’ve given you £1.5 billion to spend since Ferguson left. Your problem is that you don’t have a proper structure, like we have Pep, then Txiki is Director of Football, right up to Khaldoun, the Chairman. The reason you’re in the mess you are is the pisscan."

"If it wasn’t for him, we wouldn’t have had the success we did."

"Yeah, but he had such total control that no one knew what to do, when he went."

Last edited:
“…. spent £2B …. NOT Glazers money …. It’s Manchester United money… “

YOU DUMB FUKR ! THE GLAZERS OWN MANCHESTER UNITED ! so it is THEIR MONEY … FFS
Exactly. If the glazers put money in then they would fail FFP as it wasn't generated by the club.
BTW that solekohl is an odious slimeball. I'd say he's waiting for Ashton to fuck off so he can weasel his way into his job

Not sure where to start with this pile of parody stuff on the BBC.....my bad it's posted by them in good faith as being real.

anchester United's £15m move for Juventus' France midfielder Adrien Rabiot has stalled over the 27-year-old's wage demands. (Gazzetta dello Sport, via Mirror)
United target Cody Gakpo says he is more likely to remain at PSV Eindhoven should the club qualify for the Champions League. The 23-year-old Dutch midfielder and his side face Rangers over two legs for a place in this season's competition later this month. (Manchester Evening News)
Manchester United technical director Darren Fletcher travelled to watch Watford's 24-year-old Senegal winger Ismaila Sarr against West Brom on Tuesday. (Mail)
Former Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez, 34, says he would return to the club for free to help ease their forward shortage. The Mexican currently plays for LA Galaxy. (Sun)

If what we read is true then their transfer targets are akin to a newly-promoted side not one with ambitions on a top four place. It’s a decent bet to get your money on Ten Bob winning the sack race.

Two questions.
1. What exactly does a technical direction do? Fletcher is going on a scouting mission.
2. What exactly does Fletcher do? Is the DOF in charge of scouting? Ten bob seems to be deciding who to sign.
Conclusion: rags still can’t tell Arse from elbow.

I saw the only rag at work (former ST holder at the swamp) this morning, so I asked him, "What the fuck has happened to your club?"

"It’s the Glazers."

"They’ve given you £1.5 billion to spend since Ferguson left. Your problem is that you don’t have a proper structure, like we have Pep, then Txiki is Director of Football, right up to Khaldoun, the Chairman. The reason you’re in the mess you are is the pisscan."

"If it wasn’t for him, we wouldn’t have had the success we did."

"Yeah, but he had such total control that no one knew what to do, when he went."
All you say is true, but in the end the Glazers are responsible for the chaos.
1. They appointed an accountant with no knowledge of the football business as CEO.
When he left, they did it again!
2. The structural failure is in their power to put right. They have appointed a stats man as DOF having failed to appoint one at all for a decade. Just to make sure their statistician could do the job, they shared it around with two other guys. Wtf is a technical director? Who is this guy in charge of transfer and contract negotiations?
3. Their consultant told them they needed 10 class players to stop the rot. They sacked him off. Belatedly they appear to believe it now and are running around in panic making offers for any player whose name they can spell. Meanwhile the manager is trying to recruit all his old players, always a dangerous strategy, see e.g. Santa Cruz. We could loan them Txiki’s jumper to help out.
4. Oh and the old toilet is falling to bits.
Glazers IN.
Tee hee. Happy days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.