United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a quick search what I can roughly estimate is the Glazers take a conservative estimate of 15 million a year.

If that is correct, it is hardly a major impact on transfer funds.

The gripe then turns to that they don’t invest their own money for them to spend on players. To compare neither do Liverpool owners

I have also seen them vehemently opposed to ‘oil owners’ . Not many options after that other than other Americans. Glazers sell out and someone clears their debt but in reality funds are not much different

This leads to is the level of vitriol more just a case of fury based on the fact that they can no longer compete

I hope that's true about the extra running. To do that to alleged athletes in these heatwave conditions would just be counter-productive and would destroy what is left of dressing room morale. Yesterday's defeat was as much down to the absurd tactical set up from Tent Peg with Eriksen playing as a defensive midfielder as any lack of effort. It looks like the Rags have signed another managerial clown. Happy days.
And also expecting/instructing their back 5 to play out from the back, when the likes of Maguire and De Gea clearly aren’t up to it.

I find myself in the unusual position of disagreeing with you a lot today mate!

Any organisation is ultimately moulded by the people that own it, because only they have the power to do something about it. They might not be responsible for day to day decisions (although they should have oversight of them) but they should have the ultimate say around strategy, senior recruitment, financial planning and the general direction of travel of the organisation. They own the business and so those things have to rest with them. Without positive and well-considered input into these factors, any organisation will start to decline and eventually rot. As has happened at united.

Moreover, there are five Glazers on the United board, making executive decisions around the club (just like Silverlake have one on ours) so to characterise them as passive recipients of dividends is demonstrably wrong.
Demonstrably........you used demonstrably in a post on BM.

Get some alcohol down your neck. I feel for the youngsters on here having to Google that....

And also expecting/instructing their back 5 to play out from the back, when the likes of Maguire and De Gea clearly aren’t up to it.
What made me laugh was the manager saying they were supposed to play short and when they were pressed kick it long. That is not going to take long to work out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.