United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The owners of a football club just own the shares.

…..The Glazers are just an easy target to a fanbase who don’t understand how modern football clubs are run. It’s Ferguson and the other board members they should have been directing their anger at, not the Glazers.

I ABSOLUTELY FUKIN GUARANTEE … if City’s management messes up as big time as United’s, negatively affecting value and profits, then the shareholders put pressure on ‘the owner(s)’ and changes are made. Owners(or shareholders) don’t just sit back and allow directors/managers to fuck up their investment.

Nobody is blameless at United, but the Glazers are SOLELY responsible for not bringing in the same quality as we have in; Khaldoon Al Mubarak, Ferran Soriano, Roel De Vries, Txiki Begiristain, etc.

Like Ferran Soriano said, “I have three shareholders: one from the United Arab Emirates, one from the United States, one from China. They're three investment funds that are looking for profitability and we try to win and grow the business and make them money."

None of our shareholders have any dealings in the football operations of City. The club, all clubs, are run by their boardrooms. Boardrooms have a Chairman, a Chief Executive Officer, a Chief Operations Officer, presidents and other board members. They are the ones who appoint the Director or Football and Coaches.

Owners of football clubs don’t really do anything but make money off their club. The Glazers are only different to City’s three shareholders in that they’ve leveraged debt on United but because FFP doesn’t even look at debt, it doesn’t hinder United as a club in any way.
I find myself in the unusual position of disagreeing with you a lot today mate!

Any organisation is ultimately moulded by the people that own it, because only they have the power to do something about it. They might not be responsible for day to day decisions (although they should have oversight of them) but they should have the ultimate say around strategy, senior recruitment, financial planning and the general direction of travel of the organisation. They own the business and so those things have to rest with them. Without positive and well-considered input into these factors, any organisation will start to decline and eventually rot. As has happened at united.

Moreover, there are five Glazers on the United board, making executive decisions around the club (just like Silverlake have one on ours) so to characterise them as passive recipients of dividends is demonstrably wrong.

Has there ever been a club in English top flight football that has kicked up so much of a fuss about dropping out of the top 6, when things went tits up at Arsenal i dont remember boycotts and protests, same with Spurs and Everton, even the dippers during their barren years never resorted to the shameless self entitlement of these mard arses.

The reporter on SSN has just said the news in from United training today is Hagg has added 13km additional running to today's training as that's how much more running Brentford did yesterday.
I might be wrong but the maths seem off there.

Lee Hendrie is saying "5 years for United to challenge for top honours again? More like ten"
Ten years.
Ten years from now to win the title. It was ten years ago they last won it.
What was it we used to say on here? TICK TOCK
I hope that's true about the extra running. To do that to alleged athletes in these heatwave conditions would just be counter-productive and would destroy what is left of dressing room morale. Yesterday's defeat was as much down to the absurd tactical set up from Tent Peg with Eriksen playing as a defensive midfielder as any lack of effort. It looks like the Rags have signed another managerial clown. Happy days.

Been over on their forum. I would advise anybody wanting a laugh to do similar. Basically, they want riots and boycotts and roads blocked so people can’t get into the stadium. The Southerners are already telling the Manc based ones that they won’t take kindly to that given the distance and expense involved.
This could get real ugly lol…..,
Luke Shaw ugly or just Harry Maguire ugly ?

Like Ferran Soriano said, “I have three shareholders: one from the United Arab Emirates, one from the United States, one from China. They're three investment funds that are looking for profitability and we try to win and grow the business and make them money."

None of our shareholders have any dealings in the football operations of City. The club, all clubs, are run by their boardrooms. Boardrooms have a Chairman, a Chief Executive Officer, a Chief Operations Officer, presidents and other board members. They are the ones who appoint the Director or Football and Coaches.

Owners of football clubs don’t really do anything but make money off their club. The Glazers are only different to City’s three shareholders in that they’ve leveraged debt on United but, because FFP doesn’t even look at debt, it doesn’t hinder United as a club in any way. And just like the Glazers, all our shareholders are interested in is making money from City.

The Glazers are just an easy target to a fanbase who don’t understand how modern football clubs are run. It’s Ferguson and the other board members they should have been directing their anger at, not the Glazers.
Without going into a lengthy discussion on corporate governance, that just isn't right. Let me paraphrase my original question.

But who appoints the directors?

Their succession planning was utterly reckless.
They left all Ferguson's "yes men" in position across the whole club, not just the playing side. Ferguson had a grip on the entire organisation and profited from any revenues coming in to the club at all levels in all areas. Don't expect anyone in the English media to ask questions about this set-up. The only chance the Rags had was to change the whole ethos, including pushing Ferguson into the background. But they failed to modernise and move with the times. How sad. Never mind.

Owners of football clubs don’t really do anything but make money off their club. The Glazers are only different to City’s three shareholders in that they’ve leveraged debt on United but, because FFP doesn’t even look at debt, it doesn’t hinder United as a club in any way. And just like the Glazers, all our shareholders are interested in is making money from City.

The Glazers are just an easy target to a fanbase who don’t understand how modern football clubs are run. It’s Ferguson and the other board members they should have been directing their anger at, not the Glazers.
I think the significant difference between us and United is that we have a Board that has intelligently appointed Ferran and Tixi which illustrates good understanding, something the United Board seem to lack. Believe me that is a huge strategic advantage to have... A massive incompetence that United are demonstrating with impeccable competence.

I ABSOLUTELY FUKIN GUARANTEE … if City’s management messes up as big time as United’s, negatively affecting value and profits, then the shareholders put pressure on ‘the owner(s)’ and changes are made. Owners(or shareholders) don’t just sit back and allow directors/managers to fuck up their investment.

Nobody is blameless at United, but the Glazers are SOLELY responsible for not bringing in the same quality as we have in; Khaldoon Al Mubarak, Ferran Soriano, Roel De Vries, Txiki Begiristain, etc.
The Glazers wouldn't be able to bring them in as long as the piss can is stinking the place out. Their problems all centre on that old **** being there. I hope he lives to 150

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.