United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be interesting to see what the media would do if the rags got relagated, would they still bang on about them or call it a day and consentrate their whole efforts on the dippers.

I just want to go on record … if they get relegated, I would go watch them away at Preston or Blackpool, just so I could say I was there (I didn’t do York away)

Are you allowed to have investment in 2 football clubs in the same country? Just asking because I would be surprised ir you could
You can. UEFA rules and FA rules different from each other. Last time I checked you could own 24.99% of a second club in England and 49.99% under UEFA rules. Conditions attached about management involvement in second club. See ownership of Girona etc. CFG own or part own several clubs in Europe. Google it for quick rundown.

I wonder if Louis VanGaal is sitting back and thinking..... "well I did warn you, though to be fair if you needed warning you are probably stupid enough to have not listened to good sound and experienced advice from a person that had been there and done it. Have a nice day Erik.

I find myself in the unusual position of disagreeing with you a lot today mate!

Any organisation is ultimately moulded by the people that own it, because only they have the power to do something about it. They might not be responsible for day to day decisions (although they should have oversight of them) but they should have the ultimate say around strategy, senior recruitment, financial planning and the general direction of travel of the organisation. They own the business and so those things have to rest with them. Without positive and well-considered input into these factors, any organisation will start to decline and eventually rot. As has happened at united.

Moreover, there are five Glazers on the United board, making executive decisions around the club (just like Silverlake have one on ours) so to characterise them as passive recipients of dividends is demonstrably wrong.
I got pissed yesterday for the first time in two months and also sat directly in that sunshine all game (it was a horrible experience, hated every minute of being at that game yesterday!)… I think my heat exhausted sun stroke hangover is affecting my thought processes today!

Would be interesting to see what the media would do if the rags got relagated, would they still bang on about them or call it a day and consentrate their whole efforts on the dippers.
I posted earlier in the thread about their 1970s relegation and when they were tearing up the old second division, winning it at a canter, their feral followers were tearing up small towns and rioting week after week
Meanwhile our media were fawning all over them

Just seen Dean Henderson save a penalty for Nottingham Forest, a sh1t penalty, but all the same.

Does anyone know what is the legal situation regarding loan deals, if its for example a season long loan, can United cancel it and get him back? I'm sure some at United would want to after the events of this weekend.

The thing is: what a crappy situation for Nottingham Forest if that were to happen after what is looking like a positive start for them, who would they get as good on their budget?

This decision might ultimately be the difference between survival or relegation.
Did slur alec not cancel a couple of loan deals due to some bad mouthing of his son a while ago.edit to add took the huff when Preston sacked his sprog

Last edited:
The thing that pisses me off about United is that they are still in a position that 98% of all English clubs would die for.

Even through this so called disaster, they qualify for Europe and spend millions on players.

Yet you’d think they are on the verge of doing a Bury or Derby the way the media carry on.

That sums the fan base up for me. A bunch of entitled wankers who think they’ve got a divine right to success.
That’s what multiple decades of self entitlement does to you..!! Fuck the lot of em…!

I posted earlier in the thread about their 1970s relegation and when they were tearing up the old second division, winning it at a canter, their feral followers were tearing up small towns and rioting week after week
Meanwhile our media were fawning all over them

Wouldn’t get away with that today with all the mobile phones recordings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.